News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Integration with Ebay

Started by ajentp, February 13, 2010, 09:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

Is any integration with ebay in offing?, in near future ?

Thanks

David Johns

ajentp,

We don't currently have plans for that.  You are likely able to export information from SuperManager to list an ebay auction using TurboLister or another application.  Do you use something like that currently to create eBay listings?  If so, does it offer a csv import to import data?  If so, what is that format?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

David,

We do not use super manager data for Ebay listing. We are currently using auctivia for all e-bay listing's need.

However we are looking for processing orders from eBay through SM. Currently, we are creating orders in SM manually. However it takes tremendous amount of our  resources. I am looking for some thing which enable us to download orders directly from E-bay.

Any plan for it?

Thanks

David Johns

ajentp,

Do you have any text format or xml format that you can download from eBay?  If so, we may be able to help you write an import format.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi,

I am also interested in uploading eBay sales to SuperManager.

I do have an eBay csv file that we can download containing sales details (that I can provide to you if you are still looking for this info).

Thanks!

David Johns

Yes, please send me the csv file.  I'll see if there's a way to craft an import format using the generic text file import methods.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

ajentp,

I've created an import format for you to import eBay orders.  You'll find it attached.  Here's what you need to do to use it:

• Update to beta 1.5.5.5, since some features had to be added to accommodate this
  • Save the attached file, "eBay.smx", to your computer
  • In SuperManager, go to "View", "Program Settings..." and press the "Import..." button
  • When prompted, choose the "eBay.smx" file you saved to your computer

To use the import, just go to "File", "Import", "eBay" and choose the file to import.

I would recommend creating a new store in your store settings for importing the eBay orders.  ("View", "Store Settings" on the "Stores" tab) You could set the type to "Other" since SuperManager doesn't support direct integration with eBay at this time.  Also, since orders are imported to the first store in your store settings, you will need to make this the first store on your list of stores by selecting it and pressing the "Move Up" button until it is the first one on the list.

Also, do you mind explaining how you get this file from eBay so other users can take advantage of this method for importing eBay orders?
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

I know that Ajentp started this thread, but I was the one who provided you with the file (so I'll take the liberty to provide information on where the instructions are for downloading Files from eBay).

You need to have either Selling Manager OR Selling Manager Pro added onto your eBay account.  Once you have this, the method for download is detailed on this ebay Page:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/download-sales.html

Regards,
Jeff

@David - we most likely will not install and begin using this feature until the new year (after Holiday Sales).   Just one quick question, I know there were some blank rows in the Raw Sales file, along with some Total lines.    Will we need to delete any of these rows prior to upload?  Or, can we upload as is?

Thanks!
Jeff

David Johns

Jeff,

Sorry for the confusion.  Thanks for the instructions on how to get this export.

One of the features I had to add in the beta was the ability to skip footer rows.  The export format attached will skip the first two and last three rows of the file so you should be able to import as-is.

Thanks!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

UPDATE...

Recent versions now have a built-in eBay import function.  You should just need to go to your eBay "My eBay" and install either Selling Manager OR Selling Manager Pro.  Once you have this, the method for download is detailed on this ebay Page:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/download-sales.html

• After signing up for the Seller Manager, go to the Seller Manager main page and click "File Exchange"
  • Click "Create a Download Request"
  • For the "Listings and records" dropdown, choose "Sold"
  • For the date, choose whatever date range you want to import
  • After creating the export, you'll have to wait a few minutes for eBay's server to process the request.  When it is done, eBay will send you an email letting you know your file is ready to download.  Click the link in that email and download the resulting report.
  • You can then import the files exported using that method by going to "File", "Import", "Orders", "eBay CSV"

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com