Thumbnail and Picture not imported for non-orderable item : Added - Beta 1.3.8.6

Started by ddc, February 19, 2010, 08:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddc

Hi,

We noticed that when a product is not orderable on our store, the product thumbnail and picture source are not imported into SM.  Whenever products are out of stock on our store, they are not orderable and this changes frequently. Once the item is orderable again, the data comes back after updating products in SM.  

This presents a problem for us since we use SM exports to feed certain comparison shopping sites, which use the product picture source and other data.  

Is it a problem to have the all product data import to SM regardless of the product's orderablity status?

Thanks in advance for your help

Duane
The Art of Haircare
www.artofhaircare.com  
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

This is not actually caused by how SuperManager imports products, but rather how Yahoo exports them.  When products are marked as not orderable, Yahoo withholds this information from the products xml feed.  We could consider checking for these fields being blank in the import file and keep the existing ones if they are.  Does that seem reasonable?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

Hi David,

I see. Your suggestion seems like a good solution.  Thanks for your help on this.

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

I just released beta 1.3.8.2, which works as I proposed.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

Hi David,

Everything works as suggested, except for "availability".  Now, the item availability in SM is being erased when product status changes from orderable to non-orderable.  That field was being populated regardless on orderable status in the prior SM version. 

Thanks,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

I added the same logic to this in version 1.3.8.3.  Please update to it and give it a try.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

Hi David,

The availability is not populating when an item is un-orderable.  It is populating when the item is orderable. Prior to the upgrade, this field would populate regardless of orderable status.  

I also noticed that when you try to save an un-orderable item in product details, the "disk" icon does not go gray when you click it and we get hash marks added to the product caption (see attached image).  Each time you click the "disk" icon, it adds another hash mark at the end of the product caption.

Thanks,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

I have fixed the issue with the funny characters showing up when you save the product.  That will be correct in version 1.3.8.5, which will likely go out later today.

As for the availability, SuperManager does import it if it is there.  Note that Yahoo store doesn't export it apparently when a product is set as non-orderable.  Per the corrections you asked for and we added, it will not erase it if it was there and is no longer there.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

Hi David,

Everything works as discussed.  The misc. characters are gone and the non-orderable product data (availability and image source) is not being erased when we update SM.  Thanks again for all of your help on this.

Regards,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com