News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Amazon FBA On SM

Started by ajentp, March 03, 2010, 04:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

Hi David,

We have been thinking to use Amazon FBA Service. And I am trying to understand that how SM handle Amazon FBA order Vs regular Amazon order. Do we have create another store specification in SM to download Amazon FBA order? or it can work with our existing regular store

Thanks for your time.

David Johns

ajentp,

Yes - you would add another store to your file specific for your FBA orders.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

David,

thanks for reply. Can I ask you further explanation. Such as if we convert our Amazon account to FBA. There will be two types of orders we will receive. One which are fulfilled by Amazon, and other will be by us. So my question is that on SM FBA file, will we receive both kind of orders or only those by FBA. And if we receive only FBA order on SM FBA file, then I guess we will continue to receive regular order on SM's other amazon file

David Johns

ajentp,

SuperManager tries to skip orders that are coming from outside sales channels and just fulfilled by Amazon FBA by skipping any orders that have a payment amount of $0.00.

With the beta version (anything greater than 1.3.0.0 and the only one that supports FBA) you can have more than one store in the same file.  You could have your FBA store and one or more other stores of any type in the same file and it will keep track of which order goes with each store.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

We are using now Sm for FBA. There are few things where I need your help to fix them.

1) The customer shipping address is not complete. It just shows State and zipcode.
2) There is no customer name just shows Amazon.com customer
3)Payment method is selected as visa.

Please advise

David Johns

ajentp,

Amazon FBA gives very limited information about the orders since they handle it all internally.  SuperManager grabs all the available data, but admitedly, that is not much.  All the information SuperManager has is on the "Customer Shipment Sales" report available under "Fulfillment" in your "Reports" section of Seller Central.  Let us know if you are aware another report that has more information about FBA orders.

Along this same line, Visa is set as the payment method because that is your default payment method and there is not another one that Amazon FBA gives us to set it to.  We could fix this by setting the payment method to "Amazon" or "Amazon FBA" or something like that if you feel it is important, but it doesn't really have any purpose it would perhaps just look better.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

Actually I found a report for FBA order which is very detailed including address, e-mail and phone number. Here how you can get it:

On the main window under report Section

1. Click the "Fulfillment". This link found under Reports > Fulfillment.
   2. In the Request an Order Report section, select the number of prior days you would like to include.
   3. Select "Amazon Fulfilled Shipments Report" from the drop down.
   4. Click the "Request Report" button.

If you need I can send you this report to you via e-mail.

David Johns

ajentp,

That report doesn't seem to be available in the store that this was developed for.  It has the following:
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

David,

If you click on Order report. then on the new page you should be able to get Amazon "Fulfilled Shipments Report"

David Johns

ajentp,

I have contacted the customer that funded the development of this feature.  If he is not opposed to it, we will switch to the different report that has more information.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

David,

I am not sure where you think your regular customer are standing when it comes to using this software. But anyway, if you can just arrange for manual download. I tried to use feature but it is not working either.

Please reply

Thanks

David Johns

ajentp,

We will switch to using the report you proposed after we release version 1.4.0.0, which should be in the next week sometime.  In the meantime I beleive it may work to download the report as a tab delimited text file and import it using "File" | "Import" | "Orders" | "Amazon TXT".  Is that what you tried that didn't work?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

This is Great news.

About manual download, yes that's exactly I tried to do, but it gave me an error. Any advise for it.

Thanks

David Johns

ajentp,

Can you send me an example file?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

David,

I emailed you the requested file.

Thanks