Windows 7 Bugs?

Started by Weyman, April 12, 2010, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weyman

I recently upgrade to Windows 7 (Ultimate). After reinstalling SuperManager, I get a consistent lock up after trying to print any orders. When I print, it opens a IE window  with the orders instead of opening a print dialog window like its set to. After IE opens, SuperManager stops responding.

Strangely enough, when I run the program as Administrator, it works fine. The menu bar text in SM gets pixelated, but still works. That's not a really a problem, just aesthetics.

However, when running as Administrator, SM and QB Pro 2009 will not work together. It says the QB runtime is not installed. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled QB along with the programs needed to XML export to QB as you've mentioned in a different thread. Right now, it only works when I'm not running SM as Administrator.

I've tried turning XP SP3 compatibility on/off as well. Neither of those will allow me to XML export to QB.

Lastly, I've been getting this message from time to time: "Unable to load XML file. Invalid at the top level of the document."

This message appears when I'm verifying addresses. As far as I can tell it happens randomly.
(UPDATE: Version 1.4.0.1 has fixed this problem for me)

I was using XP SP3 before and never had these problems. V 1.4.0.1 still has these issues.

Please let me know if these will be patched or if there is just some kind of set up/setting error on my end. I'm still able to perform all my necessary tasks. But it's just a little more cumbersome with turning Administrator rights on and off.

Thanks.

Weyman

Just found my answer in a different thread: http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=362.0

Disabling that option in IE for Windows 7 has now fixed the printing problem and remedies the issue with XML export.

I didn't find that thread until I posted. Oh well, hope this helps anyone else with the same problems.

David Johns

Weyman,

Gald you found the other post and thanks for posting back.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc