Shipping weight is very high

Started by ajentp, May 17, 2010, 12:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

We recently updated SM for Yahoo Store orders. The newest version is 1.4.00.  After update, for some reason, SM is exporting very high figure for shipment weight in shipment file for UPS.

Such as if item has only 4 Ib, it will show in the file as 128 lbs.

Here is one dummy file:

"ShipmentInformationServiceType","ShipmentInformationBillingOption","ShipToEmailAddress","PackageReference1","ShipToCompanyOrName","ShipToAttention","ShipToStreetAddress","ShipToAddress2","ShipToCountry","ShipToPostalZipCode","ShipToCity","ShipToStateProv","ShipToResidentialIndicator","ShipToTelephone","PackagePackageType","PackageWeight","PackageDeclaredValueOption","PackageDeclaredValueAmount","PackageQVNOption","PackageReference2"
"Ground","Prepaid","test@aol.com",19100,"Charles Tommy","","345 Adford Ave","","United States","10002","Ardsley","NY","Yes","9123829163","Package",128.00,"No",14.99,"No",19137

Please advise

David Johns

ajentp,

Here are a few bits of information I need to debug this problem:

• What is your default weight unit set to?  To find it, please go to "View" | "Store Settings..." and click on the "Order Processing Automation" tab.  Look for the default weight units setting and let me know what you have selected.
  • Verify the actual weight  to this shipment by opening the order in the details window, then double clicking on the shipment of concern.  Tell me what is in the weight box.
  • While there, tell me whether the "Calculate" button next to it is enabled or disabled.
  • Also while there, check what the package type is set to.  Then go to "View" | "Store Settings..." and click on the "Custom Fields" tab and then the "Package Types" sub-tab.  Double click on the package type of this shipment on the list and tell me what you have for the "Weight" setting.  This is the empty weight of the packaging."
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David :

I figured it out. First I found out that Program Setting>Export Format> UPS World Ship has the value of "Package weight" as "shipment_weight". So I changed it to "shipment_weight_pound". This change gives the correct weight but also add "lbs" symbol in the value. So if "weight" is set for Float in UPS import map, then UPS worldship won't pick up this value. So I have to change the weight property in ODBC data source from float to Char. Now it is working.

Thanks

David Johns

ajentp,

Glad you figured it out.  I had  you were using the xml exchange option to interface with WorldShip.  Using it you should not have issues like this since the xml file format locks down all the formating for you.  I was not aware you could switch the input type to char and it would read past the lbs.  We recently added a new export "shipment_weight_pound_value" which just exports the value, but it seems your solution has you covered already.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com