Weight gone from order window with upgrade

Started by EricCech, September 15, 2010, 10:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricCech

Hi,

We've just upgraded to the latest beta, and the package weight, which is very important to our order processing, no longer shows on the first order dialog box -- only after the order is opened. (Now we see "commission" instead.) This is a show stopper for us at the moment -- can you offer how I can downgrade from 1.4.2.8 beta?

Thanks,
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

I've sent the instructions on how to downgrade to your email address.  Please note, however, that there are other options for entering the weights.  If you go on the main order list, select the orders for which you need to enter weights, right click and choose "Shipments" | "Enter Weights" it cycles through each shipment in each order selected and allows you to enter weights.  You can also do "Actions" | "Functions By Order ID" | "Enter Weights" and it allows you to enter an order ID, then allows you to edit the shipment, with the focus being on the weight input, then it continues this process until you choose "Cancel" or leave the order ID box blank and hit "OK".  It was our feeling that these methods for entering weight were sufficient and we could remove it from the order details screen.  If not, can you please describe your process so we can understand why it is necessary for you?  I would like to understand what you really need so we can best meet those needs.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricCech

Oh, it has to do with seeing the order weight on the first page of an order window -- not entering weights. Probably an unusual circumstance -- we modify smaller weight orders to First Class (under .88lb I think)...We offer a flat rate shipping that defaults to Priority Mail. It's a quick change using the shipping method dropdown when we see the weight was under .88 and the selected shipping method was our Flat Rate service.

As always, thanks for your help!!!

David Johns

Eric,

What if we made the tool tip (the little ballon window that pops up when you hover over something) for the shipment state some of this information.  Right now it just has a message about how you can drag and drop items between the shipments.  We could make it show the details of the shipment when you hover over it.  That way you woulldn't need to go into the details screen you could just hover over the shipment.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricCech

How about the shipment weight appears in the line with the shipment carrier? Or just under, like the items in the shipment? Hovering and clicking won't be significantly different, I don't think.

Thanks,
Eric

David Johns

SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

How does this look?  The first one is for a shipment that is not shipped.  The second is for one that is.  When it has shipped, it includes the date it was shipped, the carrier and tracking number.  Since that information takes a bit of space it doesn't all show when you look at it here, but if you hover over the text it will show the entire text.

Is that ok?
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

dcmerchant

I and am having the same exact concerns as EricCech.  The issue arises exactly as Eric said. We look down the list of orders and check to see in any orders are obviously light enough to ship 1st Class;  and we modify those shipments and save.

To have to Open every order to see if its weight qualifies, is what we want to avoid. We are thinking that the ship weight should be viewable in SM from the ?Orders? list, next to ?Ship Method?,  perhaps in another column?

David Johns

DCmerchant,

We can put that on our mid-term development list.  We would like to develop the ability to customize the columns and their order, but so far have had other things that have taken precident.  We'll make sure this is captured on that item.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

dcmerchant

Thanks David. I'm sure you understand how much easier our lives could be with the weight visible from the orders list page. We are happy to wait, but should I DOWNGRADE all 4 stations as recommended to Erick to retrieve the package weight where the Commission: section now is? I seem to need instructions.

EricCech

Hi All...

We immediately upgraded again after downgrading. We get significant #'s of manual orders, plus orders 'on hold' etc. that fall in the gap between upgrade and downgrade dates needed to be dealt with. We'll probably go back and attempt the downgrade again, as we've also lost the ability to easily see if we should be putting the orders in a flat rate box or not.

had there been so many requests for 'commision' so be shown on the order screen as for this to be generally more useful?

Cheers,
Eric

David Johns

Guys,

We will have the update released by the end of the weekend so I wouldn't bother downgrading since we should have the weight back to being readily available on the order details screen soon.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

dcmerchant

Thats a speedy response! A-OK with me David.

Thanks for the update.

Doug White - DCMerchant.com

David Johns

Note that the new beta was released this morning as promised.  Please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com