News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

yahoo inventory management

Started by beesonic, August 31, 2010, 02:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beesonic

Can you update the inventory in Yahoo from SuperManager?

Or better said, what's the best way keep track of inventory in Yahoo, QBs and SuperManager? If I do an offline sale, how can I update the Yahoo inventory? Through SM or has to be done manually in Yahoo?

Can inventory be updated from QBs to SM to Yahoo and the other way around?

Thanks

Magui

David Johns

Magui,

With the full version of SuperManager one of the default text exports is the csv/text format that Yahoo uses to update inventory values.

The best approach is to have SuperManager control the inventory.  When you create the offline order in SuperManager it will pull inventory out of SuperManager's inventory.  When you export the manual order to QuickBooks it will update its inventory values.  Then you will need the full version of SuperManager to export the inventory csv/text file that you can upload on a routine basis to Yahoo.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

beesonic

How do I export the SM product list for Yahoo and upload it into Yahoo to keep track of available items?

And how do I update the list of products available in Yahoo into SM?

thanks

dcmerchant

I am having a hard time with inventory tracking as well. I hand updated all products in SM and exported to csv, but was unable to use that csv to upload to yahoo. Am I missing something? Do I really have to re-enter quantities in a new downloaded yahoo export file, upload to yahoo, then download products to SM to sync quantities?

Please Help!

Mike Griggs

Hello DCmerchant,

You can use the inventory export file that you have from the Supermanager but you will need to do the following..

1. open it in excel
2. remove all columns except for item code and quantity
3. rename item code and quantity columns to    Code and Quantity   respectively
4. in excel, do file save and make sure you save it as a .csv file again
5.   Upload your inventory file into yahoo..
instructions on this page..  http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallbusiness/store/manage/ordersettings/ordersettings-49.html

QuoteTo upload your updated Inventory data file:
    a. Return to the Inventory page in Yahoo! store manager and click "Upload". This takes you to the Upload Inventory page.
    b. Click "Browse?" to locate the inventory data file on your computer, select the file, and click [Open\ to place the file address in the Choose File text window.
    c. Click "Upload". This takes you to the Upload Summary page, as shown in Figure 2.
    d. If you don't see an error message on the page, or if you know that the error messages are attributable to section page records in the file, click "Save". This returns you to the Inventory page, where you'll see the newly uploaded inventory levels.

Please let us know if this works ok for you..

Thanks!
Mike

dcmerchant

Thanks Mike.

We decided to leave inventory tracking at Yahoo turned off, and rely on Supermanager. We love the Sold Out / Back Ordered email notification feature. With the email notification receipt being sent to the customer through SM and BCC to staff, we don't need to go to Yahoo for much of anything, except sales reporting and graphing.

Doug White - DC Merchant Services
AChristmasOrnament.com DCGiftShop.com WhiteHouseChristmasOrnament.com DCpages.com DCImageGallery.com DCMessageBoards.com