File recovery

Started by ajentp, November 29, 2010, 05:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

Hi David

One of our file is wiped out of all data. I see that a new file -with long name including time and date of that instance when our computer went off- is created in the same folder. Howerver I am not sure how we can retrive data from that file. Any help?

Thanks

Ajentp

David Johns

Ajentp,

You should just need to choose "File" | "Open", change the file type dropdown to "SuperManager Backup (*.sbk) and choose the file you were referring to.  You can then save the file as whatever you want to call it and you should be back on track.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

I tried but it did not work. Although the file is more than 3000KB however it does not show any order. Any help?

Thanks

ajentp

David Johns

Just to confirm, when you go to "View" | "Admin", what does it show as the number of orders in the file?
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

No it is not showing any thing. All the order in this file created manually for ebay

David Johns

ajentp,

Did you have multiple stores defined in the account - one with the orders that are now missing and one with the eBay orders that are still there or was there just one store in the account with online and manual (eBay) orders?

One of SuperManager's protection mechanisms is if the file being saved is a bit smaller than the last time it was saved, it archives the file before the file size is reduced.  It is possible that there is another file on your computer that was stored in this way.  I would definitely recommend that you search your harddrive for files with a .sbk extension to see if there is an instance of the file with the orders in it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com