News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

export item by code plus option

Started by justtoday, April 18, 2011, 07:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justtoday

On our Yahoo website we have items in multiple colors and inventory each color separately.  Right now we have each item with it's own url and product code in order to keep our inventory accurate.  It their a way to do code + option and match it to quick books so we can display all color options on 1 page and use the drop down menu for a person to choose their color choice.

This is also playing a role with our google base feed as they want 1 item number and specify the different colors available otherwise it gets rejected as duplicate item numbers (upc, brand, mpn are the same on all colors, only the color is different).

So it's 2 different reasons inventory control with quickbooks and google base feed identifiers.

David Johns

Yes, SuperManager can interact with QuickBooks this way.  Where you will likely run into problems is if you are wanting to track inventory on a "product variant" basis so that Yahoo knows when a particular color/size of a given product is not available.  You can do this with a realtime inventory solution.  We are nearing completion of such a solution, but it is not available right now.  If all you are concerned about, however, is having the items export to QuickBooks in such a way that it can track inventory on the product variant level, that is already possible via SuperManager.  Do you already have your items set up this way in QuickBooks or would you want SuperManager to create them for you?  If the latter, all you have to do is:

1. Go to "View" | "Store Settings"
2. Select the "Accounting Export" tab
3. Set the "Automatically Create Variant Limit" to something greater than zero

This will cause SuperManager to create variants for your products when you export to QuickBooks.  It will create a parent item with sub items underneath it as in:

Shirt
+-> Red
+-> Yellow
+-> Blue

An you can track inventory on each color of shirt separately.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

Thank you.  We already have items set up in quickbooks with variants.  I already manually update yahoo with inventory so I don't need that at this point.

I am getting the inventory portion automated now so I'll give it a try.

David Johns

Sounds good.  Just one note: If the items were set up by SuperManager in this way, then it will, of course, know how to access them.  If you set up the items previously and they are not set up with the exact naming convention that SuperManager expects, you'll have to go through the matching process to let SuperManager know how to find them.  This is explained in the user's manual section 11.1.c.1.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

I am glad you specified about the matching option as there are differences between the website and quickbooks.
Thanks Again