SM NOT Generating Emails : Abandoned

Started by youcancallmeal, May 25, 2011, 11:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youcancallmeal

Hey Guys,

We've only just noticed that SM has stopped generating emails from within the program. The last known successful generation was on May 10th. And since we've made no changes of any kind, we can only presume that whatever update(s) that you put in place on or about that date is the proximate cause of the trouble.

As a temporary measure we will change the Store Settings > Email Settings to check the "Use Default Mail Client." However, this option is a real P-I-T-A as it generates the HTML as if it were the actual text rather than coding it as source code HTML. FEH!!   :?

Please advise ASAP on a correction to this problem.

Thanks.
--
Mike

David Johns

Mike,

Sorry to hear this.  This is not typical, as we have many other users that are not experiencing this problem with the new version.  How have you verified that it is not sending emails?  Can you please take a screenshot of the "Email Settings" tab of the store settings so we can see what settings might lead to this problem?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

youcancallmeal

Hi David,

It's been a long time since this problem first arose... and it's still with us. Very strange, too.

Just to iterate, it seems the only way that we can generate emails is via "Use Default Mail Client." When we try to use SM to send the emails directly none are sent.

I rechecked this today. For example, I used the "Send myself a test email" button. The popup window indicated that the email was sent successfully but we never received it.

I just do not understand what is happening here but this has been a drag on our productivity since using the Mail Client is a much slower process.
--
Mike

David Johns

Mike,

Maybe I missed it, but I did a search through our mails and I didn't see where you had ever sent the email settings as requested in our response.  Can you send that to us so we can see what type of server SuperManager needs to connect to?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

youcancallmeal

David,

You're right. I'll send them shortly. Thanks.
--
Mike

David Johns

Mike,

I received the test email you sent with the SuperManager native email library.  It seems it is working with your mail server.  I'm guessing you just did not receive the test email because your incoming mail server automatically deletes emails that were by sent by and sent to you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com