Supermanager Freezing after printing reports

Started by pandorasales, June 24, 2011, 06:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandorasales

SuperManager is freezing after I Print the packing slip in Internet Explore. 

I can print the packing slip without an issue, but when I go back to the SM it is unresponsive. I have to use the Task Manager to end the SM and then continue working.

I am guessing it is just a setting or something, but this just started recently.  Everything had been working great.

Thanks

David Johns

pandorasales,

Sorry that you are experiencing this problem.  I see that you are using one of the most recent beta versions.  Did this seem to start when you installed the beta version?  If so, do you know what version you had installed before you updated to the beta?  Also, did you update anything else on your computer recently, for example, updating to internet explorer 9, updating your virus software or any windows updates?  Can you give us the versions of windows and internet explorer you are using?  Do you have SuperManager set to do print preview or the print dialog for printing reports?  If you are using the preview, please try using the print dialog - not as a perminent solution, but just to see if it causes the same problem that way.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

pandorasales

Hello,
Yes, this did start with the recent beta update.  I usually check for SM updates every few months, so it was a recent version, but I have no idea the exact version.  My computer is set to automatically install Windows updates at night, so I can't be sure on that.  I have not upgraded to the latest version IE.  I am using version 8.0.7600.16385.  I am using Windows 7.

I was using print preview.  I just switched to print dialog.  The problem happens with both.  SM is now frozen, when I tried a test print.

Thanks for working with me on this.

Ben

David Johns

Ben,

Please try the internet explorer settings mentioned in this post:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,362.0.html

Try each of these three settings one at a time if you don't mind so that we can see which one (if any) fixed the problem for you.  Make sure to note the important part about closing SuperManager and any internet explorer windows.  You might also want to press ctrl-shift-esc to bring up the task manager.  Check for any "iexplorer.exe" on the list on the "Processes" tab and if there are any, select them and choose "End Task" on each one until they are all gone.

After doing that, try adjusting the settings described in that post, the first one first, then if that doesn't fix it, try the next, etc... making sure to end all internet explorer processes and close SuperManager between each one.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com