An Unknown Error Has Occurred During Yahoo! Sign-in.

Started by discountdressshop, December 05, 2011, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discountdressshop

The error pop up box, "An Unknown Error Has Occurred During Yahoo! Sign-in"  has been a common occurrence each time I either

1) download orders
2) change the status of an order (canceled, hold, returned, fraud)
3) update from store manager
4) charge orders

I am at a point where I am becoming very frustrated with the software.  If I attempt to retry a certain action (i.e. download orders), the program sometimes "pushes" through and downloads the orders.

I am using Windows 7 and use Google Chrome for my browser.   I really need  to trouble shoot this issue. 

David Johns

discountdressshop,

Very sorry about your frustration.  This sounds like it could be caused by an issue that was fixed in a recent beta version.  Please try using "Help", "Check for Updates" to install the beta version and let us know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

discountdressshop

Hi David,

I downloaded the latest version 1.4.8.3 and installed it.   This did not appear to fix the issue as the error pop up box occurred again.   Upon closing the program i received another pop up box that said: "Unknown error signing out of Yahoo Store manager"

Any suggestions?

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

The other thing that can cause this is if there is a popup message that Yahoo is trying to give you, which they occasionally do.  Please try this:

1. Before pressing any online function, press ctrl-shift-e.  This will popup an internet explorer window that SuperManager uses behind the scenes to do its navigation and communication with Yahoo.
2. In SuperManager press "Get New Orders"
3. Immediately afterword, bring the internet explorer window back to the front and watch what SuperManager is doing as it tries to log in.
4. Look to see if there are any messages in the Yahoo windows that SuperManager goes to that could be causing it to not get to where it is expecting

Let us know what sequence it goes through when it fails.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

discountdressshop

HI David,

Your suggestion to open IE appears to have worked.  Do I have to open IE each time though so these errors do not occur? 

Thanks,

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

You should not have to have IE open like this each time.  It could be that by leaving it open this once it will reset things and it will work in the future.  Try pressing ctrl-shift-e again and it will hide the window and we can find out if it will work when hidden.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

discountdressshop

David,

This morning I attempted to update an order as well as download new orders.  I am receiving a new error message that says, "Cannot Find Available Orders" even though I have new orders for today.

I also tried to put an order on hold and it seems to be "stalled"

Need your .

Jeremy

discountdressshop

David Johns

Jeremy,

There could have been an intermittent problem with Yahoo that has been causing it.  Especially around this time of year we have seen that happen from time to time.  Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com