Unable to retrieve downloaded file (1003)

Started by dcmerchant, August 11, 2011, 07:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbanks

I posted earlier in this thread....we HAD XP and were able to get this working by removing the patch and disabling auto updates so it doesn't need to be continuously uninstalled.

NOW.....we have new computers and are trying to get super manager working.

Win 7 64bit IE9 . I swear before I was running super manager as administrator it was giving a 1002 error.

I read earlier in this thread, or somewhere else, that I should try running it as administrator. I'm doing this and now I'm getting the 1003 error. I also went into the fire wall and granted Inbound and Outbound access to the supermanager application.

What else do I need to try?

Thanks
Jason

David Johns

Jason,

Can you please verify for me - when you run SuperManager as administrator you get error 1003 and when you run not as administrator you get error 1002?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Quote from: ajentp on September 25, 2011, 10:57:29 AM
What about Vista?

Ajentp,
Vista should work the same as windows 7 in this matter.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jbanks

I get 1003 error no matter how I do it. I have tried running as administrator and I have tried running in compatibility mode and still get the 1003 error.

awa

We have upgraded to QB Enterprise 11 and have the following issues.

We can no longer inport into QB... I found the following work around..

- first we run SM with Admin mode. to get orders from Yahoo.
- Then I have to shut down SM and right click on SM and under Compatibily Mode uncheck everything and run SM this way to be able to Import orders into QB.

At least this is working on one computer, have not tested other in our office yet.
WIN 7 ULTM

David Johns

Thanks for contributing the information!  We are still working on making things work nicely together after the microsoft update.  We have a fix that should help at least Windows 7 users with downloading orders.  We'll post back when it is released.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Joanmarie

David,

Please advise if there is any hope that there will be a fix for XP?  And, any idea when?

Thank you!

Joanmarie

mgs

I have also been patiently awaiting an XP fix for two months.  If you don't think you will have a fix anytime soon, then please at least let us know so that we can find an alternative solution.

ajentp

Quote from: David Johns on September 28, 2011, 05:55:42 PM
Quote from: ajentp on September 25, 2011, 10:57:29 AM
What about Vista?

Ajentp,
Vista should work the same as windows 7 in this matter.

Thanks,
David

Actually I could not find any "Compatibility" tab using Window Vista when I followed the following instructions. Any Help?

1. Find the SuperManager shortcut on your desktop and right click on it
2. Choose "Properties"
3. Select the "Compatibility" tab
4. Check the option "Run this program as an administrator"
5. Press "OK" to save and close the shortcut properties

qbsrox

I've been unable to get Vista or Win 7 to work, even after the change.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

dcmerchant

XP Users

New this morning is MS Explorer Security Update KB2586448. It appears to be a NEW offending Update! If you are like us, you have been removing KB2559049, but now we don't have to! However instead auto-update is installing the new one. Unfortunately for us, the result in Super Manager is the same: Unable to retrieve downloaded file (1003).

The same simple fix still applies. Remove the new update, and Super Manager runs flawlessly.

Joanmarie

Dcmerchant,

I have an XP and I have not wanted to remove security updates because I feel they must be important... do you know if these updates are optional? 

In other words, am I taking MS security updates too seriously? 

Any advice or more input would be very helpful, as I would love to return to automatic downloading of my orders.

Thanks in advance,
Joanmarie

David Johns

All,

We are working on this.  Please note that in the meantime you can always manually import orders as described here:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,971.0.html

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

dcmerchant

XP users: there are now 2 offending Microsoft IE security updates. As long as neither of these are installed, then SM "Download Orders" works flawlessly.

1.   Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer (KB2559049)
     2.   Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer (KB2586448)

There is no harm in removing these 2 updates; even if you have to do it once a week, as we do, because of our automatically installing updates set to occur every Sunday night.

No biggy. Every Monday morning we check to be sure that neither of these are installed (removing them if present) and we are ready to go.

###

Joanmarie

Dcmerchant,

Thank you for sharing how removing updates is working for you.  It has been most helpful.

~ Joanmarie