News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Unable to retrieve downloaded file (1003)

Started by dcmerchant, August 11, 2011, 07:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelampstand

I had issues when update KB2559049 came out last month. Since discovering this, I removed that update and SM was able to download orders again and it has run seamlessly since. However, today, I am getting the 1003 error again.  I checked and no new updates (KB2559049 or KB2586448) have been installed on my system (Vista x86).  I've changed to running the program as administrator as well as turning off the User Account Control all to no avail.  What could be causing this issue again?

Please help. 

Thanks,

Tara Allhands
The Lamp Stand

thelampstand

Upon further investigation, I came across something rather interesting. When I select our entire range of orders (as far back as Oct 8th) and Update from Store Manager, it will get about six orders in and then the 1003 error pops up.  However, if I select a smaller range it downloads/updates the orders without any issues.  So I tested downloading only this week's order range (from Oct 14 to 19) and again, it will go about six or eight orders in and the 1003 stops the process. So I then removed the orders before where the error popped up from the range, and chose Update again, and it would again only get a few in before the error halted it all.  I was able to download all the orders from Oct 8 to date, but had to do it in increments.  New orders are still being automatically downloaded however, which is interesting, because last time this all occurred, I wasn't even getting the new orders.

I don't know if this is all related or not, but since the 1003 error is still in the midst of it all, I thought I'd add this latest development.

Thanks,

Tara
The Lamp Stand

Joanmarie

Don't know what happened, as I was deleting kb....etc windows update once a week, and that was a work around for SM not being able to retrieve orders.

Since yesterday, I am back to the initial problem.  Cannot download orders, getting the 1003 error message, even though I deleted most recent windows updates (the update numbers were new, and I still deleted because the original update number series was no longer showing up).

Should I update SM to most recent beta version?  Any help would be appreciated.

~Joanmarie

David Johns

Joanmarie, All,

We do have a beta version out that should resolve this issue.  We have released it to a few people initially to get some initial feedback before releasing it to a broader audience.  We have had good feedback from those who have installed it so far.  You can update to the recent beta and should be able to install all updates from Microsoft without having this problem occur.  Please keep the feedback coming and thanks for each of your patience in this matter!

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Joanmarie

I did download version 1.4.7.8, and with that version did get the "United Arab Emeriates"  however the orders were downloading okay.

After I corrected the issue by going into the Default Country setting (set it to U.S.) my orders
stopped coming into SM.

I did go and upgrade to 1.4.7.9, and still getting errors.  Here's what's happening:

When I click on SM icon to open the program I get "could not initialize Internet Explorer all online functions will be disabled."  Then SM does open.  At that point when it goes to download there is a box which comes up: "unknown error downloaded orders....."

--->Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joanmarie

Joanmarie

Just wanted you to know,

I just updated Windows Security Update a few moments ago, and SM is no longer malfunctioning.

So, put the previous post on hold, as it most likey is not an issue anymore.

Thank you!

David Johns

Joanmarie,

This can happen when one or multiple instances of Internet Explorer get stalled in the background.  You can press ctrl-shift-esc and look on the processes tab for one or more "iexplorer.exe" instances on the list to confirm that is the problem.  You can either select each "iexplorer.exe" on the list and choose "End Task" until all of them are gone or restart your computer and SuperManager should start working again as normal.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com