News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Unable to retrieve downloaded file (1003)

Started by dcmerchant, August 11, 2011, 07:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmerchant

"Unable to retrieve downloaded file (1003)." Our Supermanager is down. Cryptonite in the system?

This error occurred suddenly yesterday afternoon on all of our Super Manager terminals using beta ver 1.4.7.1 with Yahoo Store. SM recognizes that there are new orders, momentarily displays the typical "downloading orders 123 - 124", but then fails to complete the operation. Windows XP Pro had 10+ updates yesterday morning; our failure occurred some hours after that. We are still out of business with this system failure and need to get Supermanager going again asap please help!

I have already tried all firewall options: added SuperManager.exe to the exception list, as well as turning it off and on again, reboot and the like. I really do not want to start uninstalling yesterday's updates one by one in hopes of finding the offender.

Doug White - DC Merchant Services

jbanks

We are having the exact same problem.....Help!

Thanks
Jaosn

dcmerchant

I tried our Windows 2000 Pro machine and it too fails. That means that any updates from yesterday are very unlikely to be causing this problem.  It looks like something has changed at yahoo to cause this new panic. Yahoo had been making changes to their system last week. I personally am not shouting "Yahoo!" at the moment :(

David Johns

Doug, Jason,

This problem was actually caused by a Microsoft Internet Explorer patch that was rolled out two nights ago.  If you are using Windows 7 or Vista you can fix this problem by updating to IE9.  If not, please see this post:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,971.0.html

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jbanks

Were are still running XP Pro......

How long for a Fix?

Jason

Mike Griggs

Hello,
We are currently working on this issue to determine what the problem is with the latest Windows IE8 update for users on Windows XP.

For windows 7 and windows Vista users, please update to IE9.  This will solve the issue.

Since IE9 is not available for Windows XP, we have 2 temporary workarounds for you until we have a perminent solution for this problem.

1.  You can manually download orders by following the instructions here:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,971.0.html

2.  You can uninstall the latest IE8 Security Update

Before you begin, close down all programs.

a. in Windows, click "Start->Control Panel" and then open your "Add or Remove Programs" item
b. Wait for the full list to be populated with your programs and then check the box next to "Show Updates"
c. Scroll to the bottom of the list and find the "Windows Internet Explorer 8" Program
d. Located the "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2559049) towards the bottom of the update list
e. Click the "KB2559049" item in the list and then click "Remove"
f. Follow the instructions to remove the Security Update including restarting your computer

Once Windows restarts you should be able to open and download orders in the Supermanager.

Please subscribe to this forum post so you will receive an email when a permanent solution is available.

We apologize for this inconvenience and we hope to have a fix soon.

Mike

dcmerchant

Thanks David and Mike. That should work for the time being. Man! You guys are fast!

awa

Okay, we have same problem, Using Win 7, we had to do the following:
1. Remove IE9 and go back to IE8
2. Remove secuirty update KB2559049, as mention in other post.

this work once computer was restarted.

jbanks

Thanks!

Were uninstalling the security update!

Jason

thammer

Same issue, running Windows 7.

Restored Windows back to yesterday's working state.  Issue resolved for now.

David Johns

Todd,

As long as you have windows 7 you should be able to just update to Internet Explorer 9 and it will work.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

thammer

I installed IE9 and that fixed it too.  Thanks David,

Todd

pandorasales

I just started getting error code 1003 unable to retrieve downloaded file.  Check the fire wall settings.  (Never had this issue in the last 3 years)

I have not updated anything on my computer that I know of recently.  There could have been an automatic windows update, but that would be it.

I only use Windows Vista for my firewall and SuperManager is listed as a  program option to allow to access through firewall.  I have turned the firewall off and have restarted the computer with the same results.

I can log into the site using Open Store Manager without any issue.

I then tried to update SM, but I received another error.

Any ideas?

dcmerchant

New this morning is SM Beta ver 1.4.7.2. I am still getting the "Unable to retrieve downloaded file (1003)" error after installing this update and rebooting :(

waitstuff

All my computers run Windows 7 and IE9, they have one by one went down to this problem. Trying all these fixes and nothing is working!!!