Unable to retrieve downloaded file (1003)

Started by dcmerchant, August 11, 2011, 07:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanmarie

Just want to let you know that I also have not been able to download orders automatically since late
last week.  I did find your workaround, and it is working for now. 

Has the issue been fixed yet? And if not, could you give a status update on where you are at for this fix?

Thanks in advance,

Joanmarie

Flocast

I was successfully able to use the "Remove Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2559049)" for my machine running Vista, and another machine running XP yesterday, but the XP machine is now not working again today.
Any suggestions?

David Johns

Flocast,

This likely happened because you have your computer set to automatically install updates.  After you removed it the other day, it downloaded and installed it again.  You may have to remove the patch again and turn off automatic updates for now.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

swtill

Microsoft installed this update again over the weekend, do you guys have a fix for this for XP users? I do not want to have to go through this every single Monday after my computer updates, furthermore, there must be a reason for this update, so it may be important to actually have it installed in our system. Thanks, Adam

Joanmarie

I am also an XP user, and because I did not want to have to keep up with uninstalling the steady updates, I did not even try that workaround.  Instead, I have been manually  downloading my orders
while waiting for the fix.

--->If you could please update us on the status of the fix?  In other words, is it coming within a reasonable amount of time....or should I get another desktop? (because the workaround of uninstalling updates that might be valuable is not going to work for me)

Thanks,
Joanmarie

David Johns

Adam, Joanmarie,

We are working on getting a fix in place for this.  We expect to have something available within a week.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

waitstuff

I installed SM on a computer that is rarely used and had not been updated... Same problem. I think you may look into the recent Yahoo update as a possible cause.

What is the word? Is this problem beeing worked on?

ajentp

We have Vista on computer which has SM. We followed direction and upgraded to IE 9 last week. Things were working fine again until this morning. Now we are receiving again same error (1003).

Any advise David.

Thanks

Ajentp

qbsrox

It's actually good to know it's not just me - I was beginning to think I was nuts :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

swtill

We are running XP pro and IE 8 and microsoft keeps loading this security update each weekend, obviously it is something we should have. Do you have a fix for this scenario so I don't have to keep deleting this update every Monday morning? Thanks

David Johns

swtill,

Very sorry about the inconvenience.  We are working for the best perminent solution of switching our Yahoo integration to use the new API.  We hope to have something ready in the next week or so.  This will make the Yahoo integration more robust and faster.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grub

Looking forward to your update. We are unable to pull files either.

Joanmarie

Hi guys, 

It's been a few weeks now, and I am still waiting on your fix. 

--->When do you see us being able to download our orders automatically again?

~ Joanmarie

David Johns

Joanmarie and others,

Very sorry that this is taking longer than we had hoped.  Once we got into it we found that microsoft has created a big puzzle that we have to solve in order to get it to work on all platforms.  We found a fix for Windows 7 that ended up not working on Windows XP.  We are still searching for the solution that will work properly on both platforms.

Some users have still had problems with Windows 7 even after updating to Internet Explorer 9.  We did find a workaround that we believe will fix that:

1. Find the SuperManager shortcut on your desktop and right click on it
2. Choose "Properties"
3. Select the "Compatibility" tab
4. Check the option "Run this program as an administrator"
5. Press "OK" to save and close the shortcut properties

If you do not have the SuperManager shortcut on your desktop you can also perform these steps by right clicking on the item in your Start menu or the "All Programs" menu under the start menu.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Quote from: David Johns on September 20, 2011, 04:35:46 AM
We found a fix for Windows 7 that ended up not working on Windows XP.  We are still searching for the solution that will work properly on both platforms.
David

What about Vista?