Collating reports that automatically print

Started by justtoday, September 27, 2011, 10:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justtoday

Collating reports - I have it set up to automatically print a packing slip and and picking slip for each sale.  It works but when I am printing multiple orders at the same time all the packing slips print then all the picking slips print and I have to go back and match the customers.  During the holidays we often print 20-40 at a time.

I tried clicking collate - I tried unclicking collate - it still prints the same way.

Any suggestions?

David Johns

justtoday,

I certainly understand why you would expect it to work out that way.  Unfortunately it doesn't currently work like that.  The collate option was added in one of the first releases of SuperManager and was intended only to collate multiple copies of the same report.  Much later, the ability to print out more than one report after downloading was added.  When that was done, the collate option was not extended to do what you are trying to do.  We will have to explore whether implementing it now will cause other things to stop working.  I have added it to our development list and we will report back if we are able to implement it as you were expecting it to work.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

We looked into this and we couldn't implement it in a way that would be stable.  However, you could do this by combining all the reports you want to print for new orders into one template.  In any of our standard templates you can use this line to get a new page to separate the two reports onto separate pages:
<div class='pagebreak'>&nbsp;</div>
This is actually exactly how SuperManager puts page breaks between the orders so that one order appears on each page in a report.

Please post back if you have any questions about how to do this.  Or feel free to email the two (or more) reports you want combined to me and I'll quickly do it for you.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com