SM Posting Account not recognized by QB

Started by bcogan6502, October 13, 2011, 06:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcogan6502

I have set my Taxable and Non-Taxable posting accounts to accounts that are not those of the items as defined in QuickBooks.  I thought that the XML would override the QuickBooks, but this doesn't seem to be happening.  Specifically, my items in QuickBooks contain a Wholesale Income account, but I have told SuperManager to use Webstore Income when exporting to QuickBooks.  Yet when I do the transfer, everything is still going to Wholesale Income.  Why?

David Johns

bcogan,

The posting account is dictated by the item's income account in QuickBooks.  Once that is set, QuickBooks will always use that.  SuperManager just offers those settings to dictate the income account SuperManager will use when creating items.  QuickBooks does not allow SuperManager to override what is already in the item settings.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

If you want reports that show your sales for the website vs. your store (or whatever), use Classes in QuickBooks.  You can set the Class in SuperManager so all your transactions will be coded correctly, this allows you to pull a P&L by Class.

As David mentioned, the setting in SM is used if SM has to create a new item in QuickBooks - it will link them to the Income & COGS account you saved in your settings.  Hopefully Classes will help you.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com