Chargebacks

Started by Charlotte, September 06, 2011, 12:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

Is there a way to flag or otherwise identify customers who have filed chargebacks or Paypal disputes in order to cancel or prevent more orders from them? In 8 years I've had maybe 3 chargebacks, only one of which turned out to be a legitimate stolen card, but suddenly I'm seeing a rash of craziness!

The husband who filed a chargeback when his wife ordered a baby dress for his new granddaughter, the trailer park resident who filed a Paypal dispute when her neighbor stole her package, and the woman who filed a chargeback because her order was "substantially not as ordered" (it had a hangtag on the front that she couldn't tuck inside the sleeve for her kid's photo session and then return it). These are customers I just don't need in the future!

Any suggestions?

swtill

Hi,
LOVE problem customers!! I typically just mark the order in question as "fraud" then if they order again, an exclamation point shows up in the previous order window and it prompts us to look at the old order and why it is marked fraud. Good luck!

David Johns

swtill,

Good suggestion.  In addition you could also add a note stating why you had marked them fraud.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com