News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Supermanager locks up, loses settings

Started by EricCech, January 10, 2012, 07:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please let us know if you need to disable protected mode so that SuperManager doesn't freeze when you print reports

I had to disable protected mode
1 (100%)
I did not have to disable protected mode and I can print without problems
0 (0%)
I do not print reports in SuperManager
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

EricCech

Hi All,

Two things...one, when we print ANYthing, receipt, picklist, etc, Supermanager then freezes, and task manager is needed to shut it down.

Second, Supermanager looses any non-default program settings when it's restarted. I'm on the latest version.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

Sorry you are running into these problems.  The settings problem is something that a few user's have encountered with the new version.  Here is a set of instructions to fix that:

1. Open SuperManager.
2. Open Windows explorer (file viewer) and in the address bar type "%allusersprofile%\SuperManager" (without the quotes) and press enter.  This should take you to a folder where your SuperManager.set settings file is saved.
3. Delete the file SuperManager.set.
4. Go back to SuperManager and select view program settings and press the save button.  SuperManager should report that it saved the settings and if so, it will again save the settings on each exit.

And for the locking up, that can likely be fixed by disabling protected mode in Internet Explorer.  This is done using the following steps to disable protected mode given in this FAQ:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,1059.0.html
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com