Amazon tracking update delay fix: Changed - version 1.4.9.5

Started by advancedmart, February 02, 2012, 03:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

advancedmart

When I send tracking info to Amazon, the program kinda locks up for about 1 or 2 minutes. It says not responding in the ipper part of the window.  Then after Amazon responds it goes back to normal. While it is locked up I can no longer use the program.  Is there a way I could use the program and have Amazon comunicantion going on in the backround?

Or could I save all the day's tracking info put into a batch and have it send it all at once?  If at the end of all the day's shipping one delay would not be that bad.

Having to wait  for Amazon to respong to tracking info for each shipment really slows down the workflow.

David Johns

advancedmart,

You can put the entire list in at one time.  To do this, select all the orders you need to upload, right click and choose "Shipments", "Update Shipment Status".

We have heard from one other user that suddenly yesterday it started taking a long time like this.  I am guessing that Amazon may have been experiencing server problems or high usage.  We had thought to be able to handle such situations that as you suggested, we could put the server comminications in the background to avoid it delaying SuperManager while this is taking place.  We will let you know when this update is available.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

advancedmart,

We released an update this morning (1.4.9.5), which sends this task into the background so you can continue using SuperManager while it is waiting for Amazon to respond.  Note that if Amazon takes a long time to respond, but you know the information has already posted, you can press the 'Cancel' button in the bottom right corner of SuperManager to tell it to quit waiting.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com