New Yahoo API - Added : Beta 1.4.7.3

Started by ladle, October 27, 2008, 07:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladle

Hi,

I noticed in the ystoreforums some merchants received an email recently saying there was a new order/cc API released from yahoo.  I was wondering if you guys were going to be utilizing this function for SuperManager.  If I'm not mistaken it would speed charging  cards and downloading orders?

Also, and I hate to keep asking this, but have you guys made any more headway toward real-time inventory functionality.

Thanks again,
Scott

David Johns

Scott,

I've looked for official communication from Yahoo about their API and haven't found anything so far.  If they do release it and it offers significant performance enhancement over our current methods we will implement them.

As far as real time inventory - occasionally we have people ask about it, but not constantly enough to have pushed this to the top of our list.  We have proposed a funded development project to a few customers that asked for this, but none of them have gone forward with it.  It has been our feeling that other things take precidence to the customer base right now.  We can talk about it offline if you are interested in pushing it to the top of our agenda by partially funding the effort.  Please send us an email if you are interested in that.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

We have implemented support for the Yahoo API in the beta version.  Unfortunately we have uncovered a few issues with the API and have approached Yahoo about them.  They have acknowledged the problems and put them on their mid-term development plan.  We hope to see some improvements early in 2012 that will fix some of these issues.  Here is a list of what we have noticed in our testing:

1. The API doesn't handle extended characters properly.  It sends bogus asian characters instead of common european characters with accents, umlauts and other modifiers.  This is kind of a deal breaker for most customers since most customers probably have orders from europe and other places where international character support is required.

2. The API doesn't send any payment information.  SuperManager can work without this information and still charge orders through Yahoo without it, but be aware that you won't have this information and therefore won't be able to make additional manual charges at a later time.

3. The API doesn't export payment history.  Any transactions made from within SuperManager will still be available.  This means, however, that if you have Yahoo set to authorize orders when they are placed the authorization AVS and CVV results won't be available in SuperManager for you to evaluate before charging an order.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com