This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - David Johns
« on: November 26, 2013, 01:23:49 PM »
Unfortunately the multi-step sorting only recognizes the current list and the new filter you place on it. This means when you do the "also select" in the example you gave it is no longer filtering over the date range you specified first. It will add all pending orders to the current list regardless of date. You can get what you need using a series of "unselect" filters. Filter by date range, then one by one unselect all the order statuses you do not want included in the list.
« on: November 21, 2013, 04:41:09 PM »
In answer to your offline question, yes, you can make it so that SuperManager only downloads products from one of your stores. To do this, go to "View", "Store Settings" and look at the "Stores" tab. Select each store that you do not want products downloaded from and uncheck the "Update Products" check in the "Include In" box.
« on: November 20, 2013, 08:17:02 PM »
I got your file. It looks like these issues stem from having several of your products defined in more than one store. SuperManager matches products by product-id. If the same product-id exists in more than one store, it will overwrite it from the store whose products are imported last.
Could it be that the weights are only defined in one store, but not the other?
It could be the same situation with the products flipping back and forth between shown and hidden if the products are marked not orderable in one store.
As for the supplier issue, one thing we can do is to make it check if the supplier is referenced and if it is, allow you to choose the supplier to move product variants under. This would allow you to safely delete the duplicates. That will at least give us a workaround while we figure out how the duplicates are getting there.
« on: November 19, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
Sorry this has been a pain for you. I might need to take a look at your exact file. You could create a temporary file and delete all the orders out of it so that no customer information is sent to me. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Go to "File", "Save As" and save your file as "Temp" on your desktop or somewhere else that it will be easy to find.
2. Go to "View", "Orders" and select the "All" tab
3. Press ctrl-A to select all orders and then press del to delete all of your orders
4. Go to "View", "Admin"
5. Right click on each account and choose "Delete" so that all your accounts and batches are deleted.
6. Press ctrl-S to save this temporary file. When you do this it will give a warning that the file you are saving is much smaller than the last time you saved. That's ok, just press ok.
7. Go to your windows desktop and right click on the file "Temp.smg" and choose "Send To", "Compressed (zipped) Folder"
8. Email me the file Temp.zip
9. Go back to SuperManager and choose "File", then select the name of your original file from the list of files at the bottom of the menu
10. Delete the files Temp.smg and Temp.sbk and Temp.zip from your desktop.
« on: November 19, 2013, 03:09:37 AM »
I tested this and can't repeat the issues you are having. It could have been a Yahoo server error. There is one thing you could check. Please go to "View", "Store Settings" on the "Shipping" tab and make sure the weight units are set appropriately. It could be that the weights are just being to be in a unit that they should not be.
Products are hidden if their price is set to $0.00. Does this rule not work in your case?
« on: November 11, 2013, 03:21:17 AM »
I like the idea. I've added it to my list. It may not be one of the items we are able to work on immediately since most of our effort is going into the multi-user development right now.
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
This sounds like a problem with your report template and/or your template settings in your store settings. I tried to call you to work through this and left a message. We'll probably have to work through this online.
« on: September 16, 2013, 10:59:43 AM »
I suppose its possible the issues were at least in part connected. In any case - glad things are working a lot more smoothly for you now. As discussed on Saturday, please keep the feedback coming if/when you run into issues and/or if you have useability feedback about how SuperManager could make your business processes easier!
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:13:44 PM »
Sorry - I don't know why, but my forum notification emails keep going to my spam folder so I am not getting them until I clean out my spam folder at the end of the day. I'll figure out how to get that fixed. More importantly, though, I would be happy to meet with you tomorrow to take a look at what is going on. I'll plan on calling around 10:30 or 11:00 am CST.
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:27:26 PM »
Thanks for the detailed feedback. Feedback like this certainly helps us find and fix problems.
In response to your points:
1. I'm not sure why it is, but some computers seem to have problems with getting internet explorer processes that stall in the background. I've seen where these eventually lead to internet explorer being unresponsive to SuperManager's requests. It could be that your computer just suffers from this issue. One thing I can recommend is checking your installed programs and looking for any other programs that would interface with internet explorer. For example, a toolbar, ad blocker or certainly any spam-ware or ad-ware. Google toolbar is not an issue, but we have run across others that can cause problems like this. It wouldn't hurt to check your installed programs just to make sure you don't come across something.
2 and 3. After restarting SuperManager when you did XML exchange with this order again did it go without problem?
BTW - here's a trick if you loose tracking numbers that you have imported and then were lost in a crash like this:http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,961.0.html
The important thing is that if you have already updated the tracking numbers to Yahoo, when it asks "Do you want to send these shipment updates out?" you should choose "No", otherwise your customers may receive a second email.
4. This may not directly address the issue, but it sounds like you are using "Update To Yahoo". I would strongly recommend you either choose "Yes" when asked if you want to send shipping updates out or right click and choose "Shipments", "Update Shipment Status". This sends the tracking updates via email instead and wouldn't use the browser at all. However, this doesn't address an issue like this occurring in an instance where you need to update billing address, shipping address, items or totals back to Yahoo. However, that is the only reason I would recommend using that feature. This issue may be resolved by the item above related to other software installed.
5. Please try this to see if it helps. It could be that your program settings are not saving at all. Please go to "View", "Program Settings..." and press the "Save" button. If it says "Unable to save settings", in windows explorer (file viewer) go to "C:\ProgramData\SuperManager" and rename "SuperManager.set" to "SuperManager_old.set". Then try to press the "Save" button again in SuperManager's program settings. If that then reports "Saved settings" then that may resolve the issue. Let me know if it saves the first time (before deleting the current settings file) and we'll look at other options for why they aren't saving properly.
« on: September 06, 2013, 04:40:26 PM »
If/when you see these issues appear again, please try using the "Help", "Restart Browser" function and see if they continue to occur after doing that.
« on: September 04, 2013, 02:33:08 PM »
I don't foresee any problems with upgrading your server.
« on: September 04, 2013, 09:18:43 AM »
Sorry about the problems you are having. These problems were caused by updates Yahoo apparently made overnight. You can now update to version 126.96.36.199. I believe that will resolve your problems. Obviously, we'll be standing by ready to make additional updates if necessary. Please post back here with feedback so we can consolidate the communication with all users and respond more quickly.
« on: September 04, 2013, 05:39:53 AM »
Sorry you are having problems. We are looking into this with high priority. In the meantime you can download orders using the approach here:http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=971.0eff
Unfortunately you'll have to manually charge orders. We'll post back as we make progress and/or release any updates necessary to accommodate any Yahoo changes.