This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - David Johns
« on: August 01, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »
I'm happy to report that we were able to repeat this issue. It was happening only under certain circumstances, but we were able to simulate those conditions and fix the issue. Please try updating to 188.8.131.52 and let us know if this fixes all these issues for everyone.
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:32:47 AM »
Michele and I identified a couple things that were causing this error in some of her stores:
1. A password was out of date for one or two of her stores. It seemed to fix it once we got the right password under "View", "Store Settings" in SuperManager.
2. She has one store that is inactive because it is no longer open. SuperManager seems to report this error when it encounters this situation.
In both cases, we will work to relay the proper error message when these issues are encountered.
In the meantime, please check that you have the right password in your store settings if you encounter this error.
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:28:51 AM »
We fixed this by using the variable
bill_custom[GiftMessage]bill_custom[Gift-Message]as opposed to what was in the report template, bill_custom1. This references the custom variable storing the gift message by name as opposed to by position in the list of custom variables. Apparently the API is sending over GiftMessage/Gift-Message in a different place on the list for the different stores. By referencing it by name we were able to get the right data regardless of their location on the list. We are using the two names back to back like that because some of your stores have a hyphen in the Gift-Message field and some don't. This way it works in both cases.
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:24:47 AM »
To document how we got this working in case it helps your or someone else in the future, here is what we did:
1. Went to the windows control panel and choose "Uninstall a Program" and uninstalled QBFC5.0, which is the old version of the QuickBooks connection libraries.
2. Went in QuickBooks to "Edit", "Preferences" and switched to the "Integrated Applications" tab and removed all "The SuperManager" entries. This resets the integrated application settings and makes it so you have to re-approve the access of SuperManager to QuickBooks. This happens automatically the next time you export.
By doing these two things, we got it working.
« on: July 30, 2015, 03:44:40 AM »
Are you seeing the gift messages in SuperManager, but they are not getting populated on the reports or they are not making it into SuperManager in the first place?
You mentioned something about "custom setting". Did you mean by that you use custom address or order variables you have setup in Yahoo to collect the gift message? Or is the gift message just going into the standard Yahoo gift message field? In SuperManager you could tell this by opening the order details for an order that you know has a gift message and seeing if it shows up on the "Gift Message" tab on the bottom right corner of the details window or on the "Custom" tab.
« on: July 30, 2015, 03:35:53 AM »
We are not sure yet. We will figure that out in the next week and post back.
Although Windows 10 comes with a new browser, there is a good chance that they adopted the same integration objects into the new browser that they had in IE.
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:48:25 PM »
You'll notice that I merged all these topics because they are all the same problem, just being discussed with reference to different interactions with Yahoo. Again to make sure everyone is aware, the most basic connections to Yahoo:
- Downloading orders
- Charging orders
- Uploading tracking numbers back to Yahoo
Can all be done by switching your store type to "Yahoo API" as discussed here:http://blog.thesupermanager.com/supermanager-updated-to-take-advantage-of-yahoo-api-improvements/
We are working on a solution to fixing the issue some, but not all users are having when performing other functions.
« on: July 29, 2015, 03:59:17 AM »
The API takes care of the most typical order processing steps, downloading, charging and uploading tracking numbers for orders. It does not address the following functions:
- Making additional authorizations and charges on orders
- Updating items and other order details back to Yahoo
- Gleaning full credit card information, Rev share and repeat order list, which SuperManager does when you use the "Get Store Manager Order Status" function
- Getting batches
- Submitting batches
For these functions, SuperManager has to continue to use the legacy method of communicating to Yahoo, which is done through Internet Explorer. We are still working to understand why these functions work properly for some users, but not others since the release of 184.108.40.206.
« on: July 28, 2015, 06:22:18 AM »
That depends on your yahoo settings. If you have it set to auto submit a batch each night, then your batches are still getting submitted in that way. If not, then you should manually submit your batch by going to the yahoo store manager manual transactions page and clicking "Submit Batch".
I spent several hours yesterday trying to simulate different states as a starting point to the login process and then launching the login and I never got the TextBoxFill error. I'll keep trying. This is obviously or to priority at the moment. I wonder if there is something that is behaving differently between Windows 7 vs 8. I typically test on Windows 8. Which do you have installed? What version of IE do you have installed?
« on: July 27, 2015, 06:45:57 PM »
We have been unable to repeat the textbox fill error since Saturday. Can you please do the following:
- Open SuperManager, choose "Help", "Restart Browser"
- Press "Ok" when prompted about how it will close all instances of Internet Explorer
- Press ctrl-shift-e, which should make the Internet Explorer window that SuperManager is using visible
- Leave the IE window open, but bring SuperManager back to the front and press the "Submit Batches" button
- Bring the IE window back to the front and watch as SuperManager is trying to log in
Post back with where the login process fails. Whatever details you can give would be helpful (ex: it goes to the login screen, enters the username and password, etc...)
« on: July 26, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »
Thanks for letting us know. We'll take a look at that.
« on: July 26, 2015, 06:53:38 PM »
Sorry about that. We'll get right on fixing that. After you get that error, can you click "Get Batches" again and does it work for you? That was my experience from trying it out just now.
« on: July 26, 2015, 06:51:34 PM »
When SuperManager has to make a manual charge it is unable to leave an indication of the charge in the order on Yahoo. Did SuperManager add a charge to the order on it's list of transactions on the order details?
A definitive way to find out if SuperManager successfully made a charge is to either submit a batch or wait until it automatically batches and then check if the transactions went through. I know that it would be much better if you could find out if it did and void it/them if necessary before the batch is submitted, but I don't think Yahoo offers a way to do that.
Please post back with your findings and whether or not the card transactions show up in SuperManager's order details.