This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - David Johns
« on: October 14, 2014, 05:57:36 AM »
We just released 126.96.36.199, which we think will help problems a bit. A while back, from looking at the Amazon documentation, we thought it was only possible to set the day, but not the time of the ship date. Because of that, we were often getting these errors for customers processing orders in certain time zones. For that reason, we changed the shipment imports to shipments were made at noon local time, which made it most likely that shipments would be recorded in the same date no matter which time zone was . The drawback of this is that orders received the next day in GMT caused errors because Amazon saw it as being shipped the day before the order was received. Now that we have successfully demonstrated being able to pass amazon both the date and time of the shipment, we have switched beta 188.8.131.52 to record the shipment date specified by dazzle/stamps.com/other text file, but use the current time of day if not specified. I think this approach will work for all situations. Please give it a try and report back.
« on: October 10, 2014, 06:29:43 PM »
Thanks for chiming in. It seems the issue probably occurs when trying to send orders before noon local time. In some places, SuperManager makes an that when you say a pack is shipped today it sets the exact time to today at noon. If you update orders before noon, it then says its not noon yet, but you are telling me you shipped it at noon today. We will take one of a couple of approaches to correcting the issue, but I'm wondering what method you are using that sets the shipmark date. Dazzle XML, WorldShip XML, Manually entering it, etc?
« on: October 10, 2014, 03:49:34 AM »
OK. Making progress now. Now amazon is reading the time correctly from the submission. The issue seems to be rounding errors SuperManager puts on the time of shipment. AdvancedMart, how are you importing shipment information from SuperManager for that order? Dazzle XML? Text import from FedEx or another software? Typing in manually? Something else?
« on: October 09, 2014, 03:53:22 AM »
I've made another attempt to get Amazon to interpret the times correct. Please try updating to 184.108.40.206 and see if it works now.
« on: October 07, 2014, 03:32:40 AM »
Thanks for the detail feedback. The Amazon documentation doesn't give the time zone to use in this update and apparently it can vary from account to account. I have released an update that takes advantage of undocumented features for this update. Please give it a try and let me know right away if it is working for you. To try it out, update to 220.127.116.11 out this morning.
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:02:24 AM »
Thanks for posting this information!
« on: September 05, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »
Recent versions now have a built-in eBay import function. You should just need to go to your eBay "My eBay" and install either Selling Manager OR Selling Manager Pro. Once you have this, the method for download is detailed on this ebay Page:http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/download-sales.html
You can then import the files exported using that method by going to "File", "Import", "Orders", "eBay CSV".
« on: July 18, 2014, 11:01:10 AM »
FedEx and USPS have updated the links to use to track packages. These urls are stored in your SuperManager store settings. To get them to work, you just need to update your store settings as follows:
- Go to “View”, “Store Settings”
- Select the “Custom Fields” tab
- Select the “Carriers” tab on the left
- Double click on the carrier you need to update
- Enter the "Tracking URL" using one of the bits of code below.
- Click “OK” to save and close the carrier settings
- Click “OK” to save and close the store settings
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:35:52 AM »
Good talking to you just now. I just wanted to document here what we found in our remote session. SuperManager was being blocked from accessing the Internet Explorer interrfaces it needs by Norton's "Browser Protection" feature. When we temporarily turned that feature off, SuperManager worked normally. When we turned it back on, SuperManager crashed again as before. We tried to register SuperManager on Norton's overall excption list, but that didn't change the behavior. This exception list must not include excepting the browser protections. Unfortunately the only three options are:
1. Switch to a different security application that doesn't preclude software legitamately using these interfaces
2. Turn off this protection in Norton
3. Contact Norton and see if they have an approach to allow software to use the browser interfaces. They may not be aware that adding programs to an exception list still does not allow this or they may have another approach to except a program from these rules.
If you choose option 3, please respond back with what they tell you.
« on: March 28, 2014, 04:32:31 PM »
This error is intended to trap a situation where you have entered a store id in your store settings that isn't accessible from the username and password you have entered. Check that and some other things listed below.Check Your Store Credentials in Your Store Settings
Go to "View", "Store Settings..." and make sure your store ID, username and password are correct. If you do not know this store ID you can find it by going to your store and clicking "View Cart" and then looking at the url that takes you to, which should look like http://order.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bin/wg-order?store_id
, where your store ID will be where “store_id” is shown. Often times this will be of the yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The username and password are the ones you would use to login to the Yahoo store manager.Try the Restart Browser Function
This can also occur when instances of SuperManager become frozen in the background of your computer. SuperManager has a function to fix this condition. Just go to "Help", "Restart Browser". SuperManager will warn you that you should close any Internet Explorer instances that you need to gracefully close. For example if you need to finish an email or save your work in an internet explorer window that you have open, do so and close it. After clicking "Ok" to that warning, try to get orders, or whatever you were trying to do when you got the error.
If these things do not fix the error, make sure you have adjusted the settings discussed in this post:http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,1059.0.html
« on: March 25, 2014, 03:26:57 AM »
Unfortunately this is not currently possible.
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »
Sorry you are running into problems. The first thing I would recommend is to check that internet explorer's compatibility and/or protected modes did not get turned back on by a windows or IE update. Please follow the instructions here:http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,1059.0.html
« on: February 15, 2014, 05:17:59 AM »
Very sorry for the late reply. I forgot to click the box to get notifications on this post so I didn't see it until I logged in for another reason and happened to see I had an unvisited post. Let me address your concerns as numbered below:
1. This is something we have not seen before. The one thing I can suggest (and you may have already tried it) is to use the "Help", "Restart Browser" function in SuperManager. Sometimes internet explorer instances are frozen in the background. You don't see these instances and the only ways to kill them and start fresh are to manually kill them from the task manager, restart your computer or use this function in SuperManager. Please open SuperManager, use this function, close SuperManager and then open it again and see if this error still occurs.
2. This is an issue that was addressed by the release of version 18.104.22.168. Please use "Help", "Check for Updates" and make sure you are updated to this version.
3. This usually indicates a problem with your email server settings. If you need to send other emails through SuperManager, you can fix this issue on the "View", "Store Settings" "Email Settings" tab. However, the beta release with the hybrid Yahoo option is now released in 22.214.171.124. Please update to it and use the hybrid approach. That will be much better in several ways.
« on: January 30, 2014, 06:14:48 PM »
Its back up. Very sorry for the inconvenience.