This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Mike Griggs
« on: August 11, 2011, 06:47:30 AM »
Having problems with the SuperManager auto download of orders?
Here's a quick workaround to get orders downloaded so that you can continue working until the problem is solved...
1. Log into your Yahoo! Store Manager and click the "Orders" link under the "Process" section.
2. Locate the "Export" button on the Yahoo! Order Manager page and then enter the range of orders that you would like to download and import. If you do not have an "Export" button, then see this post about how to import orders from a Merchant Starter store: http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,45.0.html
3. Change the "Format" Dropdown from the default "MS Excel" to "XML"
4. Next, click the "Export" button and then click "File->Save As" and save the "Orderlist.xml" file to a friendly location on your computer (desktop, my documents, etc.)
5. In the SuperManager, click "File->Import->Orders->Orders XML" and then browse and select the "Orderlist.xml" file that you saved in step 4.
6. Your new orders should be imported in the Supermanager and you can print invoices and continue processing as normal.
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:08:09 PM »
The SuperManager does work well over a network but there are some limitations when working in a multi-user environment. Unfortunately, only 1 computer can have read/write access at a time so this presents some problems when multiple sales people need to take orders from multiple locations at the same time.
Here's a quick solution that can help you enter orders on multiple computers to post back to the main database
- In the main database, click "View", "Store Settings..." and then click the "Order Automation" tab.
- Identify a folder on your computer that is shared over the network and click "Browse" next to the "Monitor Directory" text box and then select your folder/directory that is shared over the network.
- On any of the other computers, you can simply open the main SuperManager file as read only or any SuperManager file with a similar set of products and create your manual order.
- Next, on the other computer, you would right click on the new order in the manual order list and select "Export", "Orders XML Next Manual"* and save this particular file in the shared network directory on the main computer that you specified in Step 2 above.
- The SuperManager will import the new "Next Manual" order on the main computer/ main database for processing.
*"Export->Orders XML Next Manual feature is available in version 22.214.171.124 so you will need to update your SuperManager installation to use this feature.
« on: June 15, 2010, 05:07:27 AM »
We apologize for any inconvenience if you are seeing this error message..
"Unable to Sign into Yahoo! If the problem persists contact SuperWare"
Yahoo! has recently changed their login pages and we are making the necessary changes in our software.
Here is a temporary fix if you happen to come across this problem..
1. In the SuperManager, click the "Open Store Manager" button
2. Once the SuperManager has opened your Yahoo! Store Manager, click the "Orders" link
3. Enter your Yahoo! Password when prompted
4. Next, enter your Yahoo! security key when prompted
5. Click "Get new orders" in the SuperManager and the SuperManager will now be able to access your orders
If you receive this error message again just follow the steps above.
We will send out a notification when a fix has been rolled out to the latest version.
« on: November 05, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
If you would like to set all new orders to "Non-Residential" as they are downloaded then you need to create a Hidden variable in your Yahoo! Checkout Manager settings to do this. Customers will not see this variable during order checkout if you follow the steps below.
Steps to create a Hidden Variable, "Residential", in your Yahoo! Checkout Manager.
1. Login into your Yahoo! Store Manager and click "Checkout Manager" under Order Settings
2. Next, Click "Page Configuration"
3. Click the Blue Tab to edit the Page Configuration of the page where the customer enters their shipping information
4. Next, Scroll down the page to the "Page Sections" area and select the "Shipping Information" Field at the top of the Tree List
5. Next, scroll to the bottom of the section and click "Add"
6. Enter the following settings on the first page and then click "Next"
a. Field Display Name: Residential
b. Field Name Visibility: Do not display
c. Field Type: Hidden
7. Next, enter the following settings and then click "Finish"
a. Field ID: Residential
b. Field Value: NO
8. Next, click "Save" on the Page Configuration page
9. Then click "Store Manager"
10. Next, click "Publish Store Settings" and then click "Publish" to finalize the changes.
New orders placed after these changes which are downloaded into the SuperManager should be set to Non-Residential.
Let us know if this works for you..
SuperManager Customer Support
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:27:40 AM »
To export order items to a text file for data processing please do the following
Setup the export format
1. In the SuperManager click "View->Program Settings" and then click the "Export formats" tab
2. Click "Add" and then enter a name for the export format.. "Item Export"
3. Select the following settings for the export format
a. This format exports: "Orders"
b. File header: Checked
4. Enter the following text in both text boxes..
5. Click "OK" to close the window.
Export order items to text file
1. Select the orders in the order list that you would like to export products for.
2. Right click on the selected orders and select "Export->Item Export"
3. Save the file to your computer with a .txt extension
4. Import the file into excel for data processing.
« on: August 22, 2007, 05:08:14 AM »
Here's a few points to help you get Dazzle and your Zebra Printer running on Vista..
1. Download the Zebra LP2844 Vista driver from ZebraZebraDesigner Driver for LP2844 for Vista
2. Go to "Printers" in Control Panel in Vista and Right Click "Properties" on the Zebra LP2844. Click through the tabs until you find the information where you can add your own "Film Stock" or something similar. Click "Add" and create a new film stock or print roll which is 4" wide by 6" thick. Be sure to give it a name, e.g. Zebra 4"X6".
3. In Dazzle, click "File->Printer Setup" and then select the Zebra printer from the list. Select your "Zebra 4"X6"" under the "Printer Paper Size" dropdown.
This should now allow you to print postage on your Zebra printer through Dazzle on Vista.
« on: June 25, 2007, 05:40:21 AM »
Packaging Types have been created to support the new USPS Rates which have been made effective on May 14th 2007. The SuperManager has been updated to support the new packaging types on USPS as well as further integration with packaging types for other shipping carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc.).
These instructions apply to the SuperManager Full version 1186 and forward.
Packaging types are used by the carriers to specify different methods of packaging that you might use to ship with the carrier (e.g. UPS Express Box, FedEx Envelope, USPS Rectangular Parcel, etc.) The SuperManager has been updated to allow you to create your own "Package Type" that you would apply to all of the different carriers.
For example, if you use your own box ("Your Packaging") with USPS, UPS and FedEx then you would create your own Package Type in the Supermanager, e.g. "My Boxes", and then "Map" that Package Type to the appropriate Carrier Packaging types and Shipping Methods. Follow the instructions below.Create Package Type in the SuperManager
1. Open the SuperManager and click "View->Store Settings"
2. Click the "Custom Fields" tab and then click the "Package Types" tab.
3. Click "Add" and enter a name for your Package Type (e.g. "My Box) and click "OK"
4. Double click on your new Package Type in the list
5. Click on the appropriate Carrier/Export in the middle list
6. Then select the matching Carrier Packing Type in the drop down
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each Carrier/Export that you use
8. Click "OK" to close the Package Type dialogApply new Package Type Defaults to Ship Methods
1. In the "Store Settings" dialog, Click the "Custom Fields" tab if not already selected
2. Click the "Ship Methods" tab
3. Double click on a Ship Method in the list
4. Select the appropriate "Default Packaging" that you created above (e.g. "My Box)
5. Click "OK" to close the Ship Map Dialog
6. Repeat steps 3-5 to set the default packaging type for each of your ship methods.
7. Click "OK" to close the Store Settings dialog and then click "File->Save" to save your changes.
Now you are prepared to export orders to your shipping programs.
If needed, you can also change the Package Type for individual shipments by accessing the Shipment Details Dialog:
1. From the order list, Right click on an order and select "Shipments->Enter Weights"
2. From the order details window, double click on the shipment in the shipment tree on the right hand side of the window.
If you have any questions about this FAQ please email support at email@example.com
SuperWare Customer Support
« on: April 11, 2007, 10:02:58 PM »
If you are having problems trying to print reports then you may need to disable protected mode in Internet Explorer.What If I Don't Feel Comfortable Disabling Protected Mode?
Obviously Microsoft put protect mode in place for a reason. They do not fully document all the protection offered to users by leaving protected mode enabled because they don't want to tell hackers what it does or help them identify potential loopholes. If you feel uncomfortable disabling protected mode, there is a less convenient alternative. Instead of printing reports you can export them and then manually print them. To do this, right click on the order(s) to include in the report and choose "Export", "Report" and then the report to export. This will create the report and open it in your default browser. You can then use the print command in your browser to print the report. This involves a couple more steps, but will allow you to print the reports without disabling protected mode.
That being said, most user's choose to disable protected mode so that you can enjoy single click printing:Disabling Internet Explorer's Protected Mode
1. Close down all instances of Internet Explorer.
2. In SuperManager, go to "Help", "Restart Browser".
3. Close SuperManager
4. Open Internet Explorer and go to the Internet Options/Security
5. Uncheck the "Enable Protect Mode" setting in the the "Security" tab main window.
6. Close Internet Explorer.
7. Re-open Internet Explorer and look for a banner at the bottom saying "Your Computer May be at Risk" and choose to leave protected mode off.
8. Restart the SuperManager and try to print reports again.
Please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are still having problems.
« on: April 09, 2007, 03:23:48 AM »
A few things can cause you to to receive the error message "Quickbooks runtime is not properly installed, would you like to download the installer at this time?" Try the following fixes in the order list.1. Make sure that the runtimes are installed
There are two runtimes from Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks, that need to be installed. SuperManager tries to help you automatically download and install both of these, but check that both are installed by downloading and manually installing them. They can be downloaded from the following two links:SuperManager versions 126.96.36.199 and greaterhttp://www.thesupermanager.com/download/redistributables/QBFC12_0Installer.exehttp://www.thesupermanager.com/download/redistributables/QBXMLRP2Installer.exeSuperManager versions prior to 188.8.131.52http://www.thesupermanager.com/download/redistributables/QBFC5_0Installer.exehttp://www.thesupermanager.com/download/redistributables/QBXMLRP2Installer.exe2. If using SuperManager with Windows 7 or Windows Vista you will need to turn on the UAC (User Account Control Settings)
QuickBooks requires this to be turned on for third parties to access QuickBooks 2007 data.
a. Click Start->Control Panel
b. Open "User Accounts" sections until you reach the "Make changes to your user account" screen
c. Click the "Turn User Account Control on or off" link at the bottom of the list
d. Click the checkbox to "Turn on.." and then click "OK".
e. You will need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.3. Make sure that SuperManager is not being run in Windows Vista/7 Compatibility mode
For a short time it was necessary to run SuperManager in compatability mode to allow it to interface with Internet Explorer. Those issues have been resolved and in order to interface with QuickBooks compatability mode must be turned off. To make sure this is the case:
a. Right click on the shortcut you use to open SuperManager and choose "Properties".
b. Select the "Compatability" tab.
c. Uncheck the option "Run this program in compatability mode for:".
d. Uncheck the option "Run this program as an administrator".
e. Press the "Change settings for all users" button.
f. Repeat steps c and d on this screen.
g. Press "Ok" to close each of the settings windows.4. QuickBooks must be opened and logged in as administrator the first time you export
Because QuickBooks must ask the QuickBooks administrator for permission to allow SuperManager to access its data, it is necessary to have the QuickBooks window open and be logged in as administrator the first time you export to QuickBooks. After the first time, QuickBooks will remember the permissions you it and will be able to log in with QuickBooks closed as long as those permissions were granted to it.5. Reset the integrated application access permissions
Rarely, the integrated application access permissions can get messed up from one release to another. To fix this, go to "Edit", "Preferences" in QuickBooks. Choose the "Integrated Applications" tab and select the "Company Preferences" tab. Remove all entries of "The SuperManager" on this list. Then, export from SuperManager again and you should get the access permission screen, which you will have to approve to re-grant access permissions.
If these don't fix the issue please email support at info@thesupermanager.
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:08:39 AM »
Inventory and other many other product/variant fields can be modified in a spreadsheet to allow quicker and more convenient population of data. This is given as an example, but can be applied to many other fields.Step 1 - Create Export Format
- Choose "View" | "Program Settings..." and select the "Export Formats" tab
- Click "Add" to add a new format and name it "Inventory"
- Enter the settings as shown in the following image
You can copy and paste the header from here:
Product Code,Variant Name,Quantity on Hand
You can copy and paste the line format from here:
"product_code","variant_name",variant_quantity_on_handStep 2 - Create Import Format
- Select the "Import Formats" tab
- Click "Add" to add a new format and name it "Inventory"
- Enter the settings as shown in the following image
- Click 'OK' to close the program settings
You can copy and paste the line format from here:
product_code, variant_name, variant_cost,variant_quantity_on_handStep 3 - Create Product Variants
(if you don't already have them)
- Choose "View" | "Products" from the main menu
- Press ctrl-A to select all products on the list (or you can select just the ones you need)
- From the main menu choose "Actions" | "Variants" | "Create All"
Note that if you already have variants for some products this will not overwrite them.Step 4 - Export the Inventory List
Step 5 - Import the List into Excel
- With the products still selected, click on the selected products and choose "Export..." | "Inventory"
- Choose a place to save the file
- Open Excel and choose "File" | "Open" and select the file just exported from SuperManager
- The text import wizard should come up. Choose "Delimitted" and click next
- Select "Comma" as the delimiter and " as the text qualifier and click next
Step 6 - Set Inventory Levels in Excel
- Click on the header for the first column and set the type to "Text". Do this for the second column as well. Leave the third column as "General"
You'll need to add a column before the inventory levels to insert the cost.Step 7 - Export Inventory from Excel
Step 8 - Import Inventory to SuperManager
- Once you are finished modifying inventory in excel choose "File" | "Save As"
- Set "Save as type" to "CSV (comma separated values)" and save the file
- In SuperManager choose "File" | "Import" | "Inventory" from the main menu and select the file exported from Excel
- You should get an import report similar to the one shown below and your inventory levels should be updated
You can see the attached files for the file output from SuperManager and the one read back into SuperManager.
« on: April 03, 2007, 11:15:03 AM »
Follow the instructions below to get started tracking inventory in the SuperManager:1. Save a backup copy of your lastest SuperManager database
in case you need to revert at some time. Click "File->Save As".2. Update your product list in the SuperManager -
a. Click "View->Products"
b. Click the "Update Products" button to download your latest product file from Yahoo!
c. Click "Yes to all" to update all products3. Create Product Variants for inventory tracking -
a. Click the "All" tab
b. Select all the products in the list
c. Click "Actions->Variants->Create All" (This will create all the different possible product variants for all of your products. If you have certain products with many different options and many different option values then you may want to deselect these before creating all variants as this could generate an infinite combination of product variants and may cause your system to become unstable)4. Export Product Variants to CSV file for entering inventory in Excel
a. Select all Products again and then right click and select "Export->Inventory"
b. Save the CSV file to a handy place on your computer
c. Open Excel and import the CSV file
d. Enter the inventory values for each product
e. Save the Data to another CSV file to a handy place on your computer
f. In the SuperManager, click "File->Import->Inventory" and select the CSV file
g. Review the import report to verify the data was imported correctly5. Turn on "Inventory Tracking" to enable the SuperManager to start tracking inventory
a. Click "View->Store Settings"
b. Click the "Order Processing Automation" tab and then click "Track Inventory"
The SuperManager will now begin incrementing and decrementing inventory values based on orders received, products returned etc.
If you find any discrepancies or errors in the system then please email support at email@example.com
« on: November 08, 2006, 10:27:08 AM »
How do I include backordered items in reports and email templates?
Just add the text "backorderd_" to the beginning of any "item_" variable to included backordered items.
backordered_item_code - backordered_item_quantity - backordered_item_description
widget101 - 10 - This is the coolest Widget in the world
« on: September 13, 2006, 03:49:00 AM »
Using Cross Sells in your shopping cart can be a dangerous game because some customers will visit your Cross Sell products and never make it back to the cart. However, if you manage your Cross Sells properly then you can increase your order sizes without reducing your conversion through your shopping cart by choosing Cross Sell products which always sell well with specific products.
The SuperManager has the capability to you with generating the list of products that you can use as Cross Sells that sell well with a specific product.
Here's how to do it:
1. Open the SuperManager and click "View->Orders"
2. Then enter some keywords (product code, manufactuer, product family, etc) in the SuperFind search box and then click "SuperFind!". The SuperManager will show you all orders that contain products that match your search.
3a. Next, you can print a summary of all the items in the orders by selecting all orders in the order list and then right clicking on "Print Summary".
3b. Or you can export a csv file summary of all of the items in the orders by selecting all orders in the order list and then right click on "Export->Picklist". You can then import the csv file into Excel for further formatting.
Once you have the summaries of all items that show up in the orders with the initial product then you can quickly get a good idea of what accessories or products would work well as cross sells for the original product that you were searching for.
Once you have the cross sell information then there are many ways to import this information into your Yahoo! store to setup the cross sells. You can find more information about setting up Cross sells on Yahoo! Store Help
If you would like us to you with setting up Cross Sells then please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
« on: September 10, 2006, 11:52:14 PM »
To download Credit Card batches manually and import them into the SuperManager, following the instructions below:
1. Log onto your Yahoo! Store Manager and click the "Manual Transactions" link
2. Next, click "Review Batches" at the bottom of the page for the active Merchant Account.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Download text report" link to open the "txt" file version of the batches (Please be patient, it may take a few minutes to open this txt file from Yahoo!)
4. Save this file to your computer.
5. Open the SuperManager and click "File->Import->Yahoo!->Batch File"
6. Click "File->Save" to save the file.
« on: September 06, 2006, 12:46:17 AM »
Follow the steps below to setup the SuperManager to automatically send dropship emails to suppliers for a particular product.Turn on the dropship email feature
1. Open the SuperManager and click "View->Store Settings".
2. Click the "Order Processing Automation" tab
3. Click the "Send dropship emails after downloading orders" checkbox
4. Click "OK" to close the dialog and then click "File->Save" to save your changes.Add a dropship email template
1. Open the SuperManager and click "View->Store Settings".
2. Click the "Email Templates" tab and then click "New" and enter an appropriate name (e.g. Supplier1 Dropship email)
3. Enter "supplier_email" in the "To" field (without quotes)
4. Enter an appropriate email subject (e.g. Dropship order for Mystore.com)
5. Enter the text for the body section of the email. As a start, you can use the default invoice HTML and then edit it as necessary. Simply open invoicehtml.txt
and then "View Source" and copy all of the HTML and paste it into the body section of the email template.
6. Click the "Send as HTML" checkbox and then click "OK" to close the dialog
7. Click "File->Save" to save your changes.Add a supplier
1. Click "View->Suppliers".
2. Click the "New Supplier" button at the top left
3. Enter the appropriate information and select the appropriate Email template.
4. Click the Save icon next to the Name field to register your changes.
5. Click "File->Save" to save your changes.Product setup
1. In the SuperManager, click "View->Products".
2. Double click on the product in the product list to open the Product Details Window.
3. If the product has options and you have different suppliers for each unique option combination or the product does not have options, click "Create All" to create the product variants at the bottom left. If the product has options, but all options have the same supplier, click "Create Default" to create a single variant for all the option combinations.
4. Next, select the product variant in the box at the bottom left.
5. Then, select the appropriate Supplier in the Variant settings box and check the "Dropship" checkbox
6. Close the Product Details Window and then click "File->Save" to save your changes.
A dropship email will now be sent for any product that has a supplier defined and the dropship checkbox checked.Quick Tip from SuperWare - Do you need to fax invoices to dropshippers?
You can use the dropship selection feature to help you manage sending faxes also!
Just follow the instructions above but have the email sent to you instead of the supplier.? Once you receive the dropship email you can chose to send a fax from your computer
or you can print out the email that you receive and send the fax directly over a fax line.
Please contact customer support of you have any questions about this setup at email@example.com