This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - David Johns
« on: May 02, 2013, 04:02:54 AM »
This error can normally be resolved through one of the following. Start with the first one and if that doesn't fix the issue, proceed to the next one on the list.
Need to Allow SuperManager Access to your QuickBooks File
When installing SuperManager for the first time or after upgrading SuperManager it might be necessary to have QuickBooks opened and be logged in as Administrator so that QuickBooks can display an access permissions request.
Need to Remove the Windows Compatibility or Run as Administrator Options for SuperManager
The QuickBooks SDK (which is what SuperManager uses to integrate with QuickBooks) does not allow applications running in Administrator or compatibility mode to access QuickBooks. Make sure these options are disabled by right clicking on the shortcut you use to open SuperManager and selecting the "Compatibility" tab. Make sure all compatibility mode options are turned off. If all these options are already disabled, press the button "Change settings for all users" and make sure compatibility and administrator options are also disabled for all users.
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:05:06 PM »
As of version 184.108.40.206 you can define a set of rules that are used to calculate a risk score for each order that downloads into SuperManager. These rules are found under "View", "Program Settings..." on the "Risk" tab. You can define one or more rules. The total risk score for an order is the sum of all the risks for the rules that apply to it. If the total risk score for an order is greater than the value you set for "Highlight orders for risk > than" value.
To get started defining a risk, follow these steps:
- Click on "Add" to add a new risk factor
- Set the type of risk factor you want to apply
- Certain risk factors require a "Details" setting. For example, for a blacklist email risk factor the details would be a list of email addresses to blacklist separated by commas.
- Enter an incremental amount to add to the risk score if this condition applies to an order
If there are other conditions that would be helpful to include in the risk score, please recommend it on our Requests for New Features board
« on: April 03, 2013, 04:04:22 AM »
SuperManager's preferences and settings are arranged into program settings and store settings. The program settings apply to every store file you open, while the store settings are specific to the file you have open. If you need to be able to use different program settings for a particular file there is a way to do that:
- Open the store file for which you need to have custom settings
- Go to "View", "Store Settings" and select the "Order Processing Automation" tab
- In the field at the very top, "Program Settings", enter a filename for these custom settings. It is advisable to use the name of the store file (an smg file) with the extension ".set". So, for example, if you had the file "My Store.smg" open, SuperManager's windows title bar would read "SuperManager - My Store" and you would enter "My Store.set" in this field
- Press 'Ok' to save and close the store settings
- Go to "View", "Program Settings" and make the modifications you need for this particular store file, but don't close the program settings just yet
- Choose the "Preferences" tab of the program settings and press the "Save As..." button
- When SuperManager asks you for a filename to save the program settings to, locate the directory where your smg file is located (i.e. "My Store.smg" using the example above) and save the file using the filename you entered in the store settings above (i.e. "My Store.set" using the example above).
After You have followed these steps, SuperManager will open the program settings you entered for this file, but other files that do not have a program settings chosen for them in their store settings will continue to use the default program settings. When you make changes to the program settings while this file is opened, they will be saved to this custom location and when you make changes to the program settings while a store file without a custom program settings they will be saved tot the default program settings.
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »
Computers with Windows XP or Windows Vista sometimes run into problems when logging into Yahoo! Store to download orders, get batches or make credit card transactions. When the status bar at the bottom of the SuperManager window reports this logging in message for 2 minutes or longer, press the "Cancel" button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and wait for the status message to report that the action has been canceled. Then issue the function again (i.e. press "Get New Orders", "Charge", "Get Batches" or whatever function were trying to use). This should only occur the first time you issue a command in SuperManager or after a long pause from having performed an online function.
We are working on both short-term and long-term fixes to this issue, but until they are available this workaround should allow you to work with minimal interruption.
« on: November 19, 2012, 03:18:31 PM »
SuperManager uses a series of libraries offered by Internet Explorer to navigate through Yahoo's and other shopping carts' back ends to download data, charge credit cards and other actions.Make Sure Internet Explorer is Not In Compatibility Mode for Yahoo
Starting in Internet Explorer 7 Microsoft added compatibility mode to make sure that changes made to how IE interprets web pages didn't break compatibility with existing websites. However, this mode has a few quirks and apparently one of them is how it sends data to integrated applications, such as SuperManager. You'll need to make sure this mode is NOT enabled for your Yahoo! Store back end. To do this, close SuperManager and open Internet Explorer and go to your Yahoo! Store manager. Then look next to the address bar for an icon that looks like a page torn in two halves. If it is there, check to make sure it is grey as opposed to blue. Grey indicates it is disabled, which is what you want it to be. If it is already disabled, try the suggestions below.Try Using SuperManager's Alternative IE Integration
In some cases SuperManager will be able to correctly integrate with Yahoo by just switching the approach it uses to grab XML files. Try this by going to "View", "Program Settings" and enabling the option "Use Alternative IE Integration". Press "Ok" to save and close the program settings and try it again. If it still doesn't work, switch that setting back and try the suggestions below.Check for this list of SpamWare
Certain programs that can be installed on your computer can cause these libraries to be altered to versions that are incompatible with SuperManager's function calls. Typically these programs are SpamWare programs that you probably don't even know are on your computer. They install themselves with little or no approval from the user. Go to the windows control panel and select the "Add or Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" section and look for the applications below. If you find one or more of them, select it on the list and choose "Uninstall" to remove it from your computer:
- Trend Micro Security
- YTD Toolbar
If after uninstalling all of these applications and rebooting your computer SuperManager still gives you these error messages, you proceed to the next step.Disabling Internet Explorer's Protected Mode
On some computers, Internet Explorer's protected mode prevents it from exporting the information that SuperManager needs. To do this:
- Close SuperManager and all internet explorer windows.
- Go to the Windows control panel and open the "Internet Options" settings
- Go to the "Security" tab and uncheck the option "Enable Protected Mode"
- Save and close the internet options
- Open SuperManager and try printing your reports
If none of these methods fixes the problem, please contact SuperManager support for .
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »
You can use SuperManager's flexible data export functions to export a list of email adresses for your customers. First, you will need to create an export format including the email address. To do this:
- Go to "View", "Program Settings" and select the "Export Formats" tab
- Click "Add" and enter "Customer Emails" for the name of the export
- Check the "File Header" option and enter the following in the box:
Customer Name,Customer Email
- In the box at the bottom enter:
- Press "Ok" to save and close the program settings
To export the information, just go to "View", "Orders". Use the "All" tab of the order list if you want to export all orders or use the "SuperFilter" to get the orders you want to export on the order list. Once you have the orders you want on the order list, press ctrl-A to select all the orders, then right click and choose "Export", "Customer Emails" and choose where to save the file. You can then open this file in Microsoft Excel or equivalent.
« on: June 28, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »
SuperManager uses the Windows Installer to install the files and programs it needs to work. In rare instances, Windows Installer fails to uninstall and you will not be able to uninstall or upgrade SuperManager. To fix this, follow these steps:Warning:
Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Press the start button and with windows 7 enter "regedit" in the box that says "Search programs or files" and hit enter. In windows XP, enter press the "Run..." button and then enter "regedit" in the box and hit enter.
- Once in the registry editor navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products" and make sure that this key is selected in the tree of keys on the left of the Registry Editor
- Go to "Edit", "Find" in the registry editor's main menu and search for "SuperManager". This should take you to a subkey underneath "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products" that contains Windows Installer's information about SuperManager. It will have data values such as "AdvertiseFlags", "", "AuthorizedLUAApp" and other values to it.
- If the search does not find such an entry, you will need to obtain help from SuperManager Support. If the search finds an entry such as this, select the key containing these values from the tree on the left and press "Del" to delete it and choose "Yes" when prompted for confirmation.
You should now be able to install SuperManager using the installer.
« on: June 23, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »
When you switch merchant accounts in the Yahoo gateway there is just one small setting that needs to be adjusted in SuperManager to make sure it uses the new merchant account when performing manual transactions.
- Go to "View", "Store Settings"
- On the "Stores" tab, select the store for which you want to adjust the account to use
- Look for the new account in the dropdown box "Make manual transactions through"
- If you do not find the account listed in that dropdown, close the store settings and go to "View", "Admin" and press the "Get Batches" button. After SuperManager has gotten the batches go back and try to select the account again. It should be on the list now.
- You will have to select each store that should use that account on the list of stores and adjust the setting, since it can be different for each store.
« on: January 29, 2012, 06:17:59 AM »
SuperManager has several features that all you to handle returns. Returns can be handled in one of two ways:
- By adding returns to the order
- By manually setting the items that have been returned to returned or defective status
Either approach will result in the balance due from the customer reflecting the amount due, however, adding a return to the order offers the following additional benefits:
- It allows you to create an RMA number to give the customer
- It allows you to record the date the customer informed you they would be returning the item and the date you received the item
- It allows you to group a number of items from the order that were returned at the same time
- It allows you to automatically add a restocking fee to the order
- It allows you to record a reason the item(s) were returned
- It allows you to add the return to a shipment so that you can create a return shipping label to send to the customer if you need to
- You can send an email template to your customer containing information about the return, including a list of items received
- Returns can be exported to QuickBooks as credit memos
If you don't need any of these features, you can just mark the items as returned or defective and if necessary add new items to replace them.
Based on which method is best for you, you can follow these step-by-step instructions:Entering a Return
Manually Setting Items as Returned
- Double click on the order on the order list for which you want to add the return.
- On the right side of the order details screen you will find two tabs saying "Ship" and "Return", select the "Return" tab
- Press the "Add Return" button, which will add a new return to the order and bring up the return details screen
- The number field will contain the order ID and a numerical sequence for the number of return in the order. If you want to you can press the "Generate" button and SuperManager will create a random sequence of 4 alphabetic characters for you to use as an RMA number - or you can append any suffix to the return number instead if you so desire.
- Enter the date you were informed about the return and if applicable, check the small checkmark in the date received field and enter the date you received the return
- All the items in the order will be listed on the item list, however, at first none of them will be to this return. Select the first item that should be included in the return and then set the quantity returned. You can also check the "Restocking fee" for this item and change the "Reason returned" if applicable. The reason returned field is primarily used to differentiate between defective items and items that should be returned to stock, but can be used for your own records as well.
- You can add this return to a shipment if you want to either create a shipping label to send to the customer or you want to have a place to enter a tracking number given to you by your customer. To do so, check to "Shipment" button and select a shipment or press "New" to add a new shipment to the order and add the return to it.
- Press "Ok" to save and close the return details. You will see that a return object now appears on the list of returns with the item codes included in the return attached to it. You will also see that the items in the return have been marked appropriately as defective or returned on the item list. Note that you can always modify the return by double clicking on it on the return list.
- Right click on the item to be returned and choose "Status" and then "Returned" or "Defective", depending on whether you want the item to be returned to stock or not
- This will set the entire quantity of that item to returned or defective. If you need to adjust this so that only a portion of the items were returned or defective, you can double click on the item and on the item details, next to the "Status" you can enter a quantity. You can also record a return date in this location.
- If you set up an email template to send information about the return to your customer, you can press the email button and select that template. Here is an example of such a template that you could add to your store settings:
We have processed your company_name return. We understand that you want to return the following items. Please let us know if this list is inaccurate. Your RMA number is return_id.
item_return_quantity of item_quantity item_description item_options
Please contact us if there are any problems or questions.
Note that when you send this email it will only contain the items that you have specified are in this return.Sending Replacement Items
Regardless of the approach chosen above to log the return, you can send replacement items to your customer using the following steps:
- Press the "Add Item" button and add a new item to the order.
- When on the item details screen for the item you are adding you can press the "New" button next to the shipment list. This will add a new shipment to the order and select it as the shipment for the item.
- When you are finished adding the new item, you can press the "Add" button next the the "Previous" button if you want to go directly to adding another item to the order. When you are done adding all the items to the order you can press the "Ok" button to save and close the item settings.
- Once you have closed the item settings and are back on the order details screen, you can select the new shipment on the list of shipments in the order and then press the print button and choose "Default Packing Slip" or choose any specific report of type "Packing Slip". When you print a packing slip from this screen it will only contain the items that are in the shipment that you have selected from the shipment list.
- Note that you can also double click on the shipment and press the email button. When you send an email from this page, if there is an item list in the email template, it will only include the items in this particular shipment
« on: June 18, 2011, 09:58:34 AM »
Just a few settings have to be entered into your store settings for SuperManager to interact with Amazon via its new MWS API. First of all, this integration is only available in version 220.127.116.11 and newer. If you do not have this version, use the "Help" | "Check for Updates" feature to download and install the latest version.
Instructions for setting up the connection with Amazon are now included in section 6.1 of the User's Manual
Note that because of Amazon's "throttling" limits, downloading a large set of orders may take some time. If you experience problems with Amazon's server timing out while downloading a large range of orders you may need to break up the order downloads into ranges of approximately 500-1000 orders.Note:
Amazon's API will not export the full information for orders that have been received, but not yet processed by Amazon. Such orders will appear with an order ID, but no customer information and $0 prices for all items. When you receive such orders you will have to update the orders until the information is populated and the order is ready to ship. To do this, right click on the order in the order list and choose "Update from Store Manager".
« on: May 26, 2011, 04:19:22 PM »
It is possible to export a batch of tracking numbers from Dazzle and import them into The SuperManager. To do so, follow these steps:
1. In Dazzle, switch to the "Postage Log" tab:
2. From the main menu, choose "File" | "Export..."
3. Choose the start and end date you want to export and click "Export"
4. Change "Save as type" to "Text, XML format" and save the file to your desktop or someplace easy to find it.
5. In SuperManager, choose "File" | "Import" | "Dazzle/Endicia XML" and select the file you just saved
« on: May 02, 2011, 03:13:00 AM »
The attached html file is a sample range report. Range reports are intended to show one line for each order or one line for each order item if item variables are used. If you want a total of a column of numbers you can put a second set of the same order variables at the bottom.
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:35:09 PM »
Enabling API Access on your Authorize.net Account
First you will need enable access to the API for your Authorize.net account. This is done by following these steps:
Adding your Authorize.net Account to SuperManager
- Login to your Authorize.net account and choose "Account" from the main menu bar.
- Click "API Login ID and Transaction Key" under the heading "Security Settings".
Next you will need to add your Authorize.net account to your SuperManager file. This is done by following these steps:
Choosing Authorize.net As the Account to Use to Charge Orders
- Choose "View" | "Admin" from the main SuperManager menu bar to switch to the admin view.
- Right click in the empty area of the batch list and choose "Add Account" from the popup menu.
Note: if you have a lot of accounts/batches already defined in your database, you may need to scroll all the way to the bottom to find some empty space
- Enter a name for the account, set the type to "Authorize.net" and enter the login and password for the Authorize.net API.
Note: This is not the username and password that you use to login to the Authorize.net back end. In the back end, you'll need to enable API access and retrieve your login id and transaction key
After setting up your account you will need to specify it as the account of choice for making transactions. This is done by following these steps:
- Choose "View" | "Store Settings..."
- From the list of stores, choose the one for which you want to use the Authorize.net account
- From the dropdown menu below "Make manual transactions through:" choose the name you just to the Authorize.net account.
After modifying these settings, any new manual transactions will be performed through your authorize.net account.Note:
Also note that you can now download settlement batches from Authorize.net automatically by clicking on the "Get Batches" button on the Admin screen
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:26:01 PM »
Reports of total sales over a period can be created using The SuperManager's "SuperFilter" feature. For example, to create a report of all sales over the previous year:
- Go to "View" | "Store Settings..." and select the "Reports" tab
- Make sure there is a "Financial Summary" report on the list. If not, save the file "Financial Summary.html" attached to this post to your computer and click "Add" to create a new entry on the report list and then click "Browse" and select this file from where you saved it. Set the report type to "Summary". You may want to choose "Exclude canceled/fraud orders".
- Click "Ok" to save and close the store settings
- Choose "View" | "Orders" if you are not in the orders view and select the "SuperFilter" tab
- Choose "Date" as the filter and select the first day of last year as the "From" and the last day of last year as the "To" field and click "Go" to display these orders on the order list.
- Press ctrl-A to select all orders on the list, right click on the order list and choose "Print Report" | "Financial Summary".
- You can select a different filter, such as "Ship To State" from the "Filter" dropdown, enter the abbreviation for the state you want and click "Go" and then "From current" to filter the current results (last year's orders in the example above) by this added filter.
- You can save this report to an html file on your computer to be able to open the report in a webbrowser to copy and paste data from the report to another application. To do this, choose "Export..." | "Report" and then the report name instead of "Print Report" as described above.
« on: February 21, 2011, 06:41:50 PM »
You can use The SuperManager to submit a data feed to Google product search using the Google Merchant Center using the following steps:
- Save the file "Froogle.smx" attached to this post to your desktop.
- In SuperManager, go to "View" | "Program Settings..." and click the "Import..." button on the "Preferences" tab under the "Import/Export Formats" heading.
- Click "OK" to save and close the program settings
- Choose "View" | "Products" to switch to the products view
- Select the products that you want to export, right click and choose "Export" | "Froogle Product Feed" and save the file to a place easy to get to on your computer
- If you have not already done so, sign up for an account on the Google Merchant Center
- Log in to your Merchant center dashboard
- Select "Data Feeds" and click the "New Data Feed" button
- Select the target country, choose "googlebase" as the Format and enter a data feed filename (the filename can be any arbitrary name) and press the "Save Changes" button
- Once your new data feed has been added, click the "Manual upload" link with the feed
- Select the file you just saved from The SuperManager and click the "Upload and process this file" button
Google takes a while to process the added products, but after that is finished, you should see the products from your data feed show up on the "Products" tab in your Google merchant center.