Different Cart

Started by qbsrox, June 27, 2006, 09:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

Hey Guys,

I have a client using the SuperManager Lite for their Yahoo store and it's working great.  He uses QuickBooks 2005 and will soon be launching a 2nd site; however it is a custom site, not on Yahoo ... he is checking with the designers to see how we can export the order information. 

If he has the option to export via xml, can I send you a sample to see if you can do some custom work to get the orders into SuperManager (either Lite or Full)?  Once in SuperManager, getting the information to QuickBooks is a given.

Both sites share the same item list, but he needs to get the information into QuickBooks correctly for sales taxes, commissions, etc.  That's as much information as I have at the moment; is there anything I can mention to him that might help this process?

Thanks,
Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

If he is having a custom site built he should be able to specify to his vendor that it should be able to export orders in the same xml format that Yahoo! uses.  Then there won't be any issues.  If this is for some reason not possible have him send us the XML format he is able to export and we will scope it out in the very least.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Thanks, I'll let him know.

Rox
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com