Can't install, error code 2738

Started by alpinedynamics, February 22, 2012, 08:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alpinedynamics

I'm getting an error code 2738. I'm using windows vista and until recently I was able to get an older version of SM to work well. But since trying to install the newer (beta?) version I've had problems.

Here's what I do: 1) open the old version of SM, 2) check for updates, 3) am asked if I want to install 1.4.9.6 and I answer yes, 4) it starts through the installation process, 5) then says "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2738."

That's where it stops.

David Johns

alpinedynamics,

What version of SuperManager did you have on the computer with this problem before trying to update?

We have had 2 other reports of this problem out of at least 50 that have been installing this series of beta releases.

We have asked the others to look at the process outlined in this article about fixing potential issues with your Windows VBScript host:
http://csi-windows.com/blog/all/27-csi-news-general/161-fixing-windows-installer-error-2738

Please note that the instructions are different for 32- and 64-bit machines/operating systems.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

I'll try it, but the same thing ocured when I tried to upgrade to the latest major release (as well as beta).

David Johns

alpinedynamics,

When you say "latest major release" do you mean 1.4.6.0?  That is actually the current latest major release.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com