Unable to download Yahoo Orders/Products

Started by mdiamant01, June 28, 2006, 08:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdiamant01

I am using the trial version. I completed the store settings. When I try to download Yahoo orders, I get an error message "Unable to comple Navigation (error 1001)"

any help avail?

mike

David Johns

Mike,

The most common cause of issues like this is your firewall if you are using one.  Do you have one installed?  Please refer to this FAQ:
http://thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=36.0

Post back if this helps you resolve the issue.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Another common issue is where you have setup 2 Yahoo accounts and you use your personal account in a web browser but another Yahoo account to collect your orders. What I did was setup a new user in Windows XP just for orders and I switch between the two. I had to create another Yahoo account because of the salesperson who comes in on the weekend. I didn't want her to have access to my personal mail on Yahoo.

On a side note it meant I couldn't use the Yahoo Toolbar (I liked the bookmarks feature) as it wouldn't allow me to be logged into my personal account and check Yahoo Store orders with another account. Solution: I now use the Google ToolBar which has a better bookmarks feature but the buttons need some work.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

qbsrox

Nathan,

Since you are using the Google toolbar now instead of the Yahoo one, are you having problems with IE freezing up?

Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Hey qbsrox,

Fully you bring this up as I haven't had that problem anymore. So the solution seems to be to remove Yahoo Toolbar all together. And use Google toolbar instead. I removed Yahoo Toolbar before I install the Google Toolbar (not sure if that matters). I used to have Alexa toolbar as well but removed that one since you can just go into alexa and do a search normally for traffic stats.

Hope that helps.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

qbsrox

Nathan,

I removed it again as well from my desktop computer, that one was being the biggest pain.  What is so weird is that I had it installed on both computers (desktop and laptop); both computers have pretty much the same configuration, however the desktop was freezing up more than the laptop. 

I'm still having some problems, but less now that it's uninstalled and all the maintenance was performed.  I'm not convinced that it's all the Yahoo toolbar, but I do think a big portion is related ... and the 'fix' that Yahoo/IE posted didn't help, I actually think it made it worse  :evil:  The good part is that I'm not losing information when it happens, it's just annoying.

Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

qbsrox

Mike,

Did changing your firewall settings help? 

Another thing that can cause this that I ran into ... if you start a 2nd database and select 'keep store settings from current file;' even though I went in and changed the specifics I would run into the problem.  I had to click 'no' and viola, all was well.

Also, during a remote with a client we were having problems with her network and Internet connection timing out or being flaky in general.  The next day when her service was working properly, everything downloaded fine.

Post back and let us know what you find out.

Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com