"Could not initialize Internet Explorer. All online functions will be disabled."

Started by youcancallmeal, August 28, 2012, 09:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youcancallmeal

Hey guys,

That's the message from a red X dialog box from SM. Despite numerous attempts (restarts, installing latest Update, rebooting entire system, performing a "Save As" and opening this newer file, etc), we are unable to perform virtually any functions. We can neither download nor print orders, old or new.

That is to say, we are entirely dead in the water.

HELP!!

Please get back to me ASAP. Thanks, as always.
--
Mike

David Johns

Mike,

Please go to "Help", "About The SuperManager" and tell me what version of SuperManager you have installed.  While there, also look at the very bottom line, which tells which version of Internet Explorer you have installed.  Also tell me what version of windows you have installed.

Lastly, please check under your windows control panel under "Programs and Features" and check for the following applications, which are known to cause problems for SuperManager's Internet Explorer integration that are mentioned in this FAQ:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,1059.0.html

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

youcancallmeal

David,

Sorry for the delayed reply. We had other more pressing issues. Apparently our server was a bit flakey, running very slow so we've transferred all SM programs and files over to a backup laptop which I will continue to use until the server is replaced.

After transferring pgms & data, we now find that we have two (2) problems:

• Emails, being sent through SM (i.e., "Use Default Mail Client" checkbox is unchecked) using HTML ("Send as HTML" checkbox is checked) are, nevertheless, NOT being rendered in HTML but are instead being sent with the HTML coding as text.
  • Reports cannot be generated. Instead an incomplete dialog box entitled Print opens and the screen locks up.

The following additional information applies:

• SM version:  1.5.3.0
  • IE Version:  9.00.8112.16421
  • Windows:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601)

Also, none of the conflicting software is installed on this backup laptop.

Please review and advise ASAP. Thanks.

David Johns

Mike,

I'm guessing the first problem is because you are using the "Use default mail client" option.  This option is incompatible with sending html emails.  Disable it by going to "View", "Store Settings..." and then switching to the "Email Settings" tab and unchecking the default mail client option and entering instead your mail server information.

The second problem is likely caused by needing to disable Internet Explorer's protected mode.  This is explained in the following post:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,997.msg4341.html#msg4341

Please report back if these fix your two problems.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Mike,

I got your email stating that you had gotten the email settings to work, I'm  using the instructions in my last post.  As I understand, however, you are still having problems with SuperManager freezing when you print reports.  Did you adjust the settings I explained below?  If so, there may be one additional step.  You may need to close SuperManager, bring up Internet Explorer and look at the top of the IE window to see if it has a banner explaining that protected mode is disabled.  If it does, right click on it and choose to have it never warn you about this.

Please post back your progress.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com