Reinstalling problem

Started by bobbininc, January 31, 2013, 11:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbininc

I was finally able to get SuperManager to reinstall on my system.  I am receiving the error that says:

Unknown error has occured and Supermanager was forced to close.

Current database was saved to..."\\server1\users\production1\mydocuments\recovered.sbk" (<---this file is no where to be found, on the drive, or anywhere, for that matter)  Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am unsure of how the program "knows" that it should look there.  Something is corrupt somewhere, and I have not yet been able to pin point the issue.

Help!
Jeremy

PS There are also no .set files involving SuperManager on the PC.

David Johns

Jeremy,
Sorry you're facing this issue.  When does this error occur?  Immediately when you open SuperManager and before you load the file or after you load the file?

When you say there are no SuperManager.set files on the computer, you mean the old computer or the new one?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

Hi David,

The program is installed on the system.  Immediately when I open SM, I receive this message.  There are no .set files pertaining to supermanager on either.

Thanks
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

Glad we were able to get you back up and running over the phone and remote .  From the looks of this issue it may be related to an issue that we have addressed in the currently beta release, but since you are all set with the file you need to use going forward you can continue to use the current release.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

Hi David,

Same issue again.  Trying to install the beta upgrade.  Same nonsense.

Thanks
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

Very sorry about this.  The program settings in your registry got corrupted somehow.  This could have been related to having two versions of SuperManager installed side-by-side.  I had to manually uninstall the old version of SuperManager since the installer file  with that installation had been lost or corrupted.  Then I deleted the registry key with your program settings and let SuperManager recreate them for you.  I hope that takes care of you for good this time.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com