Unable to export customer invoice : Fixed - beta 1.5.7.4

Started by Joanmarie, February 01, 2013, 11:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanmarie

I need to export customer invoice to my desktop so that I can add the invoice file to an email I am sending the customer.  I used to be able to do this, now it is not happening.  Any help with this would be most appreciated.  ~ Joanmarie

David Johns

Joanmarie,

There are three ways I can think of right of for doing this:

1. You could install a pdf printer.  You can get one free from pdf995, PDFCreator or others.  Then just print the report you want to send your customer and choose the pdf printer, which will let you save the report as a pdf file, which is efficient and convenient to send to your customer.

2. You could export the report to your desktop by right clicking on the order and choosing, "Export", "Report" and then the report template you want to send them.  This will save the report as an HTML file in the place you select, which you can then attach to an email and send.

3. You could create an email template that mimics the report in an email.  To do this just open the report template you want to send in notepad or another text editor.  Select all the html code (usually you can use the shortcut ctrl-A to do this) and copy it to the clipboard (ctrl-C).  Then go in SuperManager to "View", "Store Settings" and select the "Email Templates" tab.  Create a new template and go to the template body field and press Crtl-V to paste the html code.  Check the "Send as HTML" option and add an appropriate subject for the template.  Then you can send the report to your customer with the report as the body of the email by simply right clicking on the order and choosing "Send Email" and choosing the template you just created.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Joanmarie

Thanks for taking the time to give me all the options, David.

Actually, from the very beginning, I have been exporting invoices as per your method #2:

2. You could export the report to your desktop by right clicking on the order and choosing, "Export", "Report" and then the report template you want to send them.  This will save the report as an HTML file in the place you select, which you can then attach to an email and send.

The problem is, after I click Export-->Report-->and select to save the report template, nothing happens. Nothing shows up on my desktop.  The file used to show up when saved, and then I would have a file to attach to my emails, however, now it seems like the "save" is just not occurring.  Are there any settings, etc. that might have changed with updates that I need to reset?  Again, any input would be appreciated.

Thank YOU!
Joanmarie

David Johns

Joanmarie,

I'm glad you posted this.  We're getting ready to close the next beta release and this had not yet been addressed in the beta.  I've now fixed this and released it as beta 1.5.7.4.  You can update to the new beta release and it will be fixed.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com