Continuous checking of order status

Started by pmiconline, March 26, 2013, 10:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmiconline

The first two times I used this program (I converted from Order Manager) it worked perfectly.
Since then the program first says it is logging on to the Yahoo store, the checks order status multiple times. Finally it will say there are XX orders, but show only X orders. Once I select all and charge, it runs the charge routine and one by one the orders are processed.

But, after that it continues to log on and check order status over and over  until I finally cancel the program. When I close the program it says some kind of error occurred.

When I check the orders in Yahoo, they are charged.

Any advice is appreciated.

David Johns

It sounds like somehow the automatic update status feature has been turned on.  Do you need this feature?  This is generally only required for Amazon stores.  If not, you can disable it under "View", "Program settings" on the automation tab.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

pmiconline

Thanks. Questions:

1) Why does it take up to five minutes to get the orders from Yahoo?

2) Why is there a difference in the number of new orders counted vs the number of orders actually displayed for processing? For example, the program said there were 39 new orders, but after processing there were only eight shown. But when I check the orders, they are all marked paid.

David Johns

1. The amount of time it takes to get orders from Yahoo depends on a lot of factors.  This includes your internet speed, Yahoo's server's response time to name a few.  I would recommend closing SuperManager and all instances of Internet Explorer.  Then open Internet Explorer and log into Yahoo manually and see if there are any popup messages that come up during the login process.  Sometimes there are popups with messages from Yahoo about secondary authentication or other account related issues/information.  Additionally sometimes there are initialization popups from Internet Explorer about whether you want to make IE your default browser, or asking you to initialize the favorites and other settings.  These popups can slow down or prohibit SuperManager from logging in.  Once you go through it once manually, you can log out, close Internet Explorer and re-open SuperManager.  Let me know if that yields any information.

2. When orders are downloaded, they can go on any of the tabs of the order list.  A likely scenario is that 31 of the orders were "closed" (i.e. the credit card has been charged already) so they go to the "closed" tab and the remaining 8 are in the open tab.  I'm guessing if you switch to the "All" tab you will see all 39 that were downloaded.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com