Shipping update to Yahoo Store

Started by bobbininc, March 29, 2013, 08:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbininc

Hello,

When we update shipping to Yahoo Store, via "Update to Store Manager" we receive error messages that the ship methods do not match.  The good news is that the tracking information still forces its way into yahoo, the bad news is that we have to manually press enter "OK" for every order. 

Help!

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

After downloading the orders are you ever changing the ship methods from how they come in from Yahoo to something else that you use internally for shipping the orders?  Generally that message should only show up if you are changing the ship method for the orders in SuperManager to a ship method that Yahoo doesn't have on its list of ship methods and then updating them.

Also, let me point out that you might want to try the right click "Shipments", "Update shipping status" function instead.  This function only updates shipment status, while the "Update to Store Manager" function updates everything - addresses, items, etc... and I would recommend avoiding that unless you have other things in the order you specifically need to update.  In order to use this function, you will need to obtain your email tracking password and have your email server settings correct in SuperManager.  This is described in the user's manual as well as in this FAQ:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.0.html

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David,

So now, if i click "Send out these ship notifications" will it update via Yahoo, or send the "generic" email from Super Manager.  Certainly I don't want my customers getting 2 emails regarding shipping.  Was not sure which one the "send out notifications" prompt points to.

Please advise
Thanks!
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

If you have the email tracking password filled in the store settings it will upload the shipment info to Yahoo and Yahoo will send the shipment notification email.  SuperManager will not send an additional email to the customer unless you have the option "Send email for all shipped orders" enabled on the store settings "Shipping" tab.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David,

I have tried this.  It is good as I do not get an error after every shipment, but the tracking information is not flowing to Yahoo store.  Ergo, no email is being sent from Yahoo.

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

Please note that this method of updating shipping information is not immediate.  It can take up to 20 minutes for the data to be processed by Yahoo's servers.  Are you certain that it is not posting at all?  Please see this FAQ for some other troubleshooting ideas:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,21.0.html

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

I got that to work on one site.  I guess patience helps...

However, after using the password on the other site (I know they are site specific, I'm getting a bounceback that looks like:

Error from tracking-update
Show Details
An error occured while parsing your message:

Error: password doesn't match

The body of your message follows below

Help!
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

The most common thing that would cause this is if you accidentally copied a space before and/or after the password when you copied and pasted it into your store settings.  You can check this by making sure that the number of stars or bullets matches the number of characters in the password.  If you did not copy and paste it, make sure you made the letters upper and lower case as in Yahoo Store.  If none of these things prove out, please forward one of those emails so I can take a look at it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David Johns

Jeremy,

That forwarded message confirmed that there is a space before the password in your store settings.  Please go in to your store settings and delete the first character of your password.  There should be only 6 stars/bullets masking 6 characters in your password.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

Thanks!

When we cash out an order, will it send tracking (therefore triggering the shipment email) information to Yahoo store, as well as any order modifications...in other words, is that a way of "updating to Yahoo store," without sending tracking information/updating yahoo store separately.  Essentially we would like to eliminate any extra steps.

Additionally, how are manual orders cashed out in regards to Yahoo store?

Thanks!
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

When you say "cash out" do you mean charging the order (i.e. capturing the payments)?  If so, this is not related to when the tracking numbers are sent out.  Tracking numbers will be sent out when it asks "Do you want to send out these shipment updates" after manually filling in a tracking number, importing shipping information from a text or xml file or finishing an XML exchange with Dazzle, WorldShip or Stamps.com.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com