Stamps.com 2510

Started by bobbininc, April 08, 2013, 07:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbininc

Hello, I have the USB version of the Stamps.com 2510.  When I select and hit "test" I get the following error:

Requested scale not found.  Found the following human interfaces devices:
Vendor ID 461, Product ID 4d20, usage 102
Vendor ID: 2474, Product ID: 2510, Usage 8d20

Please advise,
Thanks
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

It looks like they have switched to a different vender for making this scale for them.  Is there a sticker on the bottom that has the full model number on it?  If so, can you take a picture of it and post it?  We should be able to add support for it quickly.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David,

All it says on the bottom is Stamps.com Model 2510.  25 lb usb scale.

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

Ok.  I've added support for it.  We will release it in beta 1.5.9.4, which I expect to release by the end of the week.  We're just working on a couple of other additions before we release it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Jeremy,

This morning we released beta 1.5.9.4, which should connect to your scale.  Please post back with whether or not it works for you now.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

bobbininc

The scale is USB and the program will not let me even select any COM Port (understanding that it's a different connection).

Quite frankly the reason we purchased this scale is because your program listed it as being compatible....

David Johns

Jeremy,

I understand your frustration.  We were not aware that there were two (or more) variations of the scale out there.  Sorry the update did not work out of the box.  Please tell me what you get when you go to the program settings, set the scale type to "Stamps.com 2510" and press "Test".  Does it still give the exact same message?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

Attached.  COM Port 1, but it is shaded out.

David Johns

Jeremy,

I was able to figure out a way to repeat the error you are having without having your scale here for testing.  We will be able to get this fixed in the next day or two.  Thanks for your patience.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Jeremy,

Today 1.5.9.5 is released, which I think will add support for your scale.  Please test it and let us know.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

It works, and is recognized.  However, when we "grab" it reverts to 0lb. 0 oz.

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

So you are saying that the value that gets filled in as the weight for the shipment is "0 lbs 0 oz"? or does it fill in the actual weight, but then zero out the scale?  What happens when you remove the object from the scale, does the weight go negative?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

Sometimes it works correctly, other times it just grabs to 0.  The reason we got it was for shipping smaller weight items.  It has particular problems there.  For example, a 2.2 oz package will enter as 2 oz.  The issue is that we need it register that decimal place.  Otherwise, many of our packages will be returned for insufficient postage.

Thanks
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

I'm still not understanding exactly what is happening.  Does the scale weight show "0" and then it just copies over "0" when you press "Grab"?  I tested this again to see if I could repeat any abnormalities and it seems to work fine when I try to mimic what should be happening when SuperManager is connected to your scale.

One thing to understand about how it works... SuperManager has to initialize the scale.  This happens when you open the shipment details screen.  That means that you have to open the shipment details, then set something on the scale, then press "Grab" in that order.  If you set something on the scale before it initializes the scale, it will zero it out with the item on it.  That could be what is happening in your case.

As for needing the decimals on the ounces, even though all it shows on the screen is the closest whole number for ounces, it does record down to the 0.1 oz it picks up from the scale.  When it is sent to Dazzle, it will send it that way.  You can verify this by trying the following steps:

• Weigh a package
  • Save and close the shipment and the order details
  • Right click on the order in the order list and choose "Export", "Dazzle/Endicia XML" and save the XML file to your computer somewhere easy to find
  • Double click on the XML file you just created to open it in Internet Explorer
  • Find the "Weight" tag, you should see that it will include the first digit after the decimal in what is exported to Dazzle

If you need to see those details in SuperManager, you could switch your default weight unit to "ounces", where it will show one place after the decimal.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com