XML stopped working : Resolved

Started by qbsrox, July 07, 2006, 04:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

Hey Guys...me again!

I'm working on a Merchant Solutions Starter store integration with QuickBooks, using the SuperManager Lite.  The first 500 orders exported from Yahoo and Imported into SML without incident; then all the sudden the last 250 orders won't import, I am getting an invalid character error from SuperManager when trying to import. 

I have no idea what changed, or why ... this started with March 24th orders from Yahoo ... Jan thru March 23rd came in fine.  I was exporting in batches of 100, so 5 batches ... no problem ... so I've tried re-exporting the last 2 batches several times, opening/saving via different computers and e-mail accounts, but no luck.  This is VERY weird ... any ideas?

Thanks,
Rox
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Thanks for sending the xml for me to debug.  I found the problem.  It seems that when this file was saved it was saved in "ANSI" encoding.  The top of the file specifies that the xml is in "UTF-8" encoding.  Luckily it is very simple to switch back and forth.  Just open the xml in notepad and choose "Save As...".  Then at the bottom of the save dialog switch the "Encoding" to "UTF-8", which is the last one.  Then save it over the existing file.  After converting it in this manner it worked for me.  Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

Thanks ... I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Would you have any idea why it changed suddenly like that?  Initially I exported all 6 batches right after each other; then when I ran into the problem I went back and re-exported them (several times actually) ... so I have no clue why it just weirded out like that.

Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

This problem only occurs if there are some non-ANSI characters in the file.  In yours you had a 'è' in one of your item descriptions.  Only orders with that character in them would not import.  It could be that none of the previous orders had this character in them.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

Ok, that worked to get the orders into SuperManager Lite (opening in Notepad and changing the Save as type).

I'm glad I posted here because I'll never remember this if it happens again!

Thanks,
Rox
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com