Updated list of requests : Added/Corrected - Beta 1.1.1.3

Started by Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com, July 10, 2006, 11:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Hi,

Just wanted to give you an update list of my requests for future releases. I appreciate all your hard work on making SM send out more orders in less time.

1) On manual orders if you enter anything into the Order Type field it messes up the manual order number. The Order Type field should auto-select from the Store Settings and not be able to be changed unless you add another field to the Order Type list. We use the Order Type for sales people.

2) When manually entering a product you should be able to just click add item and entering the product id should start to bring up a short list of items. You can then tab to the list and select it and then tab for all the other fields. Or if you prefer use the mouse to select everything. This is to elimate having to use the mouse (the slowest form of order entry) when adding a product. We would only need to add the product id and then select it from a short list (ie. apremrais would bring up all the aerobed premier raised products for you to select the size), then select the options and select the quantity. This is my preference but others may have some input on what they need. My main concern is having the entry process to be done without the mouse.

3) When the product list comes up when you add an item it should use the product code and not the product id as most of use just use the id to create a custom html file name on Yahoo.

4) When you click on authorize or sale do not ask for the confirmation after you ask for the amount. It is too repetitive. And can be done with a void if there is a mistake.

5) Credit Card field needs to auto-fill based on the credit card options in the settings. So if you hit V it will bring up Visa etc.

6) Item Groups to import into QB (for multipacks).

Thanks for a great product.

Nathan Freedman
.com
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback!  Here's an update:

1) Corrected in 1.1.1.1 Beta

2) Added in 1.1.1.1 Beta

3) Both of them are on the list - I think you are suggesting that the code comes first?  Note that you can sort over any column by clicking on the column header.  So in your case you could sort over code by clicking on the "Code" header

4) We will likely add this shortly.  Anyone else have a preference here?

5) Added in 1.1.1.1 Beta

6) Added in 1.1.1.1 Beta
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

It seems the list never ends. You fix one thing and then I want more integration...

1) Adding products manually to the order should not require use of the mouse. When you tab to the Add Item button and select it. You should then see a list of Product Codes (Product IDs are useless or duplicate for most Yahoo stores) and their Product Descriptions. The default field will allow you to start to enter in the Product Code and then select from a short list of what is left. While you are entering in the code it is eliminating other products from the list. You can then tab over to other fields to enter in quantity, options (I would like it to be second since we use it for our shipping options but I understand if others may not do this), Unit Price, Unit Cost, Backordered. <Enter> should add then item to the order and close the Item Dialog Screen.

2) When you go to Authorize a card or Charge the card there is a duplicate confirmation which is an unnecessary extra click. In my opinion it shouldn't be there as you already clicked authorize or sale to do just that and can easily void the sale if need be.

3) A nasty bug came up in the latest Beta happens when you tab on a manual order from the Company Name field to the Address field. It automatically puts in United States and defaults to the country line. I would like to see it start at the Address 1 Line like before with no country default (as we ship to Canada alot).

4) Another nasty bug (that is why it's a beta) is when you are on an Internet Order (haven't tested a manual order) if you change the shipping method (as we do for each order) it asks you for the new shipping cost. The field won't take 0 as an entry. It would be great for me if I could disable the updating of shipping cost from coming up but I realize this is a special request only I would want but it would save me so much time. We collect the shipping cost from the options field and only use the shipping method to tell FedEx how to ship.

5) A nice addition would be a customs value field in the product database as the value is sometimes different than the price you sell it to the customer at. This goes hand in hand with the country of manufacturer (you call it the country of origin). Harm Code is another field that others may use for exporting but we currently do not.

6) When exporting the country of origin it should be able to be in 2 digit format for FedEx to import.

7) I can't export the country of origin and product average cost (currently being used for customs value).

I think that's it. Once again thanks for working so hard to make this software integrate perfectly with our system and thus saving us time, money and labor.

Nathan...
.com
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

We will whittle away at your list.  Here are a few comments:

1. I guess I am not understanding exactly what you are looking for here.  I thought I had made it how you had requested before.  The way it works now when you click "Add Item" it brings up the item details screen with the cursor in the SuperFind box.  You should just type the product code, id, description or part of it in this box and press enter.  When you press enter it will filter the product list to the hits returned from this search.  It also places the cursor in the product list with the first real product (not custom...) selected.  You press the down arrow to get to the product you want and press tab to get to the other fields.  The one thing I did see that could need some tuning up was to put the quantity in the tab order after the product so that when you press tab it will go to quantity, then price then cost and so on.  In any case the next time you press enter it will save the values and close the dialog.  This seems very close to what you were hoping for as I understood it.

2. Added to the 1.1.1.2 Beta.

3. Fixed in the 1.1.1.2 Beta

4. I tested this and could only repeat it if I entered it as "<space>$0".  If I entered it as "<as many spaces as you want>0" or "$0" it accepted it and moved on.  Is it doing something different for you?  Incidentally I made it so this configuration will also work in the 1.1.1.2 Beta.

5. Good point here.  My understanding was that these values are "supposed" to be the same.  I don't claim to know all the respective laws and you are right - it is currently inflexible on that.  We will add that in an upcoming release.

6. Variable "product_origin_country_code" was added to the 1.1.1.2 Beta.

7. I wasn't sure what you meant until I read the email you sent about this.  The problem is that you were trying to us product variables in an order export.  Actually you can do this but you need to access them through the item by prepending "item_" to them in this manner "item_product_origin_country" variable to export the country of origin/manufacture and "item_product_averageCost" for the average cost.

Thanks again for the feedback.  I'll post back comments here as I complete things.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Hi David,

Well after an evening and a morning of orders here is my update.

1.) I don't know if you did this on purpose but your method of selecting the product works better than what I was thinking. I can now instead of looking for an AeroBed Raised Queen just type in Raised or even Raised Queen and it will only bring up those products. Much better than using a code. I would however still like the tabbing order to be changed to have the option after the unit price and quantity (I think many would agree that avg cost and taxable are automatic events set in the product database). I know it's selfish but I think it fits naturally here. And then the next tab should be the ok button or better yet allow a <enter> or special key (function key??) to enter the item so you don't have to tab through the whole process. Did I say that I am loving the new superfind feature?

2.) Thanks can't wait for it.

3.) Thanks.

4.) I just put in 0 for it to get stuck on. Only happens on Internet orders I guess. Did you test on a manual order?

5.) The short answer is yes and no. I would like the field or just call it item_export_field1 for special consideration (ie. people can use it for harm codes or other things).

6.) Thanks.

7.) I imagine that your new product_origin_country_code will be item_origin_country_code for the export then?

8.) This is a new one and probably one cause I am using the Canadian version of QB 2006 Pro. I get the same error when trying to XML orders to QB. The error is
Order 788: Error adding item 'POWERJUICER2PK': The name "POWERJUICER2PK" of the list element is already in use.
I already setup the Group in QB so I am not sure why it is trying to add it. If you need to check my setup just email me with the time.

Thanks for the hard work. I have a product with about 50 backorders so the automation will definately come in handy when the product comes in later this week.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

Ok. Got another one to add to the list. FedEx is just a pain in the butt. It turns out that they don't like the price of items with a $ in the front. Is there anyway of stripping that off for the item_price or item_ext_price? We are trying to get the customs info to import correctly using the Integration .

I will leave it with you. Thanks.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

Yes it does. It's weird actually. If you change the shipping to say 2 day and put in 1 for the amount it adds the amount to the total but doesn't get rid of the dialog box or change the shipping. If you put in 1 again it adds another shipping line and still doesn't change the amount. I am testing with Internet orders which are the ones we need to change as we default to "Specified with each product" instead of a shipping method. Manual orders seem to work ok but then again we only ship "Ground FedEx" right now. This will change in the next month as we hope to bring 1 and 2 day shipping back online.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

Here is the status:

1.) I changed the tab order as you requested in the 1.1.1.3 beta, except I left taxable, unit cost and the shipment selection in front of the OK button....but....you can press enter and as long as you haven't changed the SuperFind text it will save and close the screen rather than run the find.  It works this way in the 1.1.1.2 beta as well.

4.) I think I see what is happening now.  I am guessing you are selecting it using the dropdown arrow - right?  And does the box just come up twice?  If so I see what you are talking about.  I was of the understanding that it came up time after time and you couldn't get it to stop but for me when I select it with the dropdown or arrow buttons the shipment cost comes up twice kind of as you said.  If you type in the beginning of the name and autocomplete it will just come up once.  If this is the issue I have solved it in the 1.1.1.3 beta.

5.) I was actually refering to adding a declared value here rather than a harm code.  We could also consider having come type of a extra data field that you could use as you proposed for the harm codes as well.  This will not be an immediate addition but may come some time in the next month.

7.) The proper variable names would be item_product_origin_country_code and item_product_averageCost

8.) You're right - this was something specific to QB Canada.  I found and corrected this issue in the 1.1.1.3 beta.

9.) Actually this should not have been this way.  Originally we added $ to all currency fields but then changed it for order information.  I guess we failed to go back and remove them from the other export types.  I have now removed all '$' from currency exports in the 1.1.1.3 beta.  The idea is if you need one you add it yourself (Ex: "$item_cost")

Thanks for your help in improving the product!
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Hi David,

I know this is a QB issue but it's part of the updates. I now have 1.1.1.3 and now get an error when I try and import group items. It's getting closer as it's a different error message now.

Request 1: Status = There was an error when saving a Invoice.  QuickBooks error message: Transaction amount must be positive.

Let me know if you want to check out things on my computer.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

This happens if you have collected more from the customer than the amount due.  For example if the order has three items totalling $10 and you have collected $11 from the customer this will happen.  I am guessing this could be a result of how you tested it?  To see if this is the case delete all the payment events from the order and try exporting it again.  Keep me posted.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Ok. I just got to say thanks a bunch. Everything including the customs forms is working perfectly. When I get time I will take a stab at the tax issue but I am going to try and use multi-currency importing first so we don't end up doing this twice.

Once again thanks.

Nathan...
.com
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

Our pleasure.  As you get new ideas please keep them coming so we can continue improving The SuperManager to better meet the needs of our customers.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com