Customer Notes include cancelled emails

Started by ddc, January 07, 2014, 09:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddc

Hi,

I noticed customer notes are recording emails as sent even though they are cancelled before sending. We are on version 1.6.3.0. Not a big deal, but thought you'd want to know.

Thanks
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

Thanks for the feedback.  I've tried to repeat this and can't get it to repeat.  I've tried clicking the email button on the order details, shipment details and the menu from right clicking and choosing "Send Email" from the order list.  Can you give me a list of steps to repeat this error?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

David,

No problem. From Order details:
1) Select any email and Windows Mail will come up (emails are set to preview before send)
2) Then I cancel/don't send email (hit esc); Windows Mail closes
3) Order notes shows normal record as if email was sent

I hope this helps.
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

Ok - that makes sense now.  When emails are sent from within SuperManager, it can detect if the email actually gets sent.  However, when you choose the "Blank email" option or have the "Use Default Mail Client" option enabled, it just launches an email in your default mail client and SuperManager has no way to detect what you do in your mail client from there.  I hope this is not a big issue for you.

Another alternative is to change your settings for sending the emails.  You would have to disable the default mail client option if you are currently using that.  If you are using the send blank email option, you could either create a template for the email you are typically sending this way - or for that matter, if the reason for sending an email like this varies, you could create a blank email template and enable the "Preview/Edit Emails with this Template before Sending" option for that template.  Then it will pop up a SuperManager email message window and allow you to edit it before you press "Send".  If you instead cancel it before sending, it won't record in the notes that you sent it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

David,

Makes sense. No worries; wasn't a big issue. Thanks for the alternative approach.

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com