Slow to Charge after Computer Upgrade

Started by patp2182, January 27, 2014, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patp2182

We recently upgraded our shipping computer from an ancient WinXP machine to a new Win8 box and have everything up-n-running for a few days now.  The shipping staff has let me know the process of charging an order via SuperManager is notably slower now, as well as all processes in general related to updating the Yahoo Store from SM.

Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation and speed things up?

Software Versions:

SM Version: 1.6.3.0
IE: 11

Thanks in advance!  -Pat

David Johns

Pat,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the new release/setup on your new computer.  There are a couple of things I can cause problems like this.  Please go over each of the items discussed in this post:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,1059.0.html

After making sure all those settings are adjusted properly, the other thing that could cause problems like this is a matter of process.  When you say "Updating the Yahoo Store from SM" are they using the "Update to Store Manager" feature for many orders?  This feature should primarily be used for updating addresses, items and other order information back to Yahoo.  If they are using this for updating tracking numbers, they should instead use the "Shipments", "Update shipment status" feature.  It is described how to use this here:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.0.html

Note that there is an alternative approach now available for updating tracking numbers, which unlike the process used in the link above, is processed by Yahoo's servers real-time.  To use this process, you need to update to the beta release and then switch your store type in your store settings to "Yahoo Hybrid".  You will then need to enter an API token, which you can get by following the steps outlined in the user's manual on page 22:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/sm_usersmanual_1.7.pdf#page=22
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

patp2182

David,

I had an opportunity to sit down and go through all the shipments tonight with staff and see in person where some errors are popping up that didn't prior to the new computer.

Unfortunately all the items in the noted forum post you referenced hasn't changed anything. (In an attempt to rule out variables, the firewall has been turned off during today's shipments. Note no antivirus outside the built in "Security essentials" and being a new computer no odd user software installed).

1) On launching SM we get the Unknown Error (screenshot attached).  When hitting the "get new orders button", it logs in and grabs orders just fine. (This is very consistent behavior)

2) When hitting the sale button to charge the card... there is a 30sec. delay (very consistent delay) before:

a) getting an "unknown error charging order" (even though it does successfully charge order seen in both SM and in Yahoo Store online)
b) goes through without a hitch.... no pattern for errors detectable thus far

3) You mentioned using the "Update shipment status" feature... we have always gotten the attached error (Unable to send tracking info to yahoo. Retry?)   That feature has never worked for us, and thus have always done the "update to cart (cart with up arrow)" which has worked, but now is updating much slower ~20-25sec.  Any ideas as that feature would simplify things, perhaps wait until the beta is a full release and use the yahoo hybrid store settings you reference on page 22?

If SM left on screen for a while without interaction we've gotten the below errors:
"Get Document failed error 1008", "Navigation returned error 1030", "Unknown error"

Should SM be closed if not going to be used for 45min to an hour?

On the plus side, the integration with dazzle has worked seamlessly, and continues to work perfectly!!!  Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.  -Pat

David Johns

Pat,

Very sorry for the late reply.  I forgot to click the box to get notifications on this post so I didn't see it until I logged in for another reason and happened to see I had an unvisited post.  Let me address your concerns as numbered below:

1. This is something we have not seen before.  The one thing I can suggest (and you may have already tried it) is to use the "Help", "Restart Browser" function in SuperManager.  Sometimes internet explorer instances are frozen in the background.  You don't see these instances and the only ways to kill them and start fresh are to manually kill them from the task manager, restart your computer or use this function in SuperManager.  Please open SuperManager, use this function, close SuperManager and then open it again and see if this error still occurs.

2. This is an issue that was addressed by the release of version 1.6.4.0.  Please use "Help", "Check for Updates" and make sure you are updated to this version.

3. This usually indicates a problem with your email server settings.  If you need to send other emails through SuperManager, you can fix this issue on the "View", "Store Settings" "Email Settings" tab.  However, the beta release with the hybrid Yahoo option is now released in 1.6.4.0.  Please update to it and use the hybrid approach.  That will be much better in several ways.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com