Logging In to Yahoo Store Stalls, Update SM Error : Fixed - beta 1.6.8.5

Started by jabrein, November 26, 2014, 04:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

For the last couple of weeks I've had to finesse pulling in Yahoo Orders into SM.  This morning I was unsuccessful to get orders to download.  Below are my processes.

When I click: "Get new orders" -   the system sits on the below message.
(Logging in to "Yahoo Store XXXX" store manager to download orders. )

After a couple minutes I cancel and try again, but to no avail.

When I click on "open store manager", and then select our Yahoo Store, SuperManager successfully logs into our store, but then when I try to get orders I receive the same error message.

Disclaimer:  I am not our main order processor, and just use a version of SM for pulling up / reviewing orders (not the actual processing of orders).  As such, I was still on version 1.6.4

I thought I would try an update to see if that would resolve my issue.   SM indicated that it would try to update me to version 1.6.7.0      but during the update process, I receive an error message: "This installation package could not be opened.  Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package".

Any thoughts?   I'm using Windows Vista.   I use Firefox as my main web browser, but also have Internet Explorer available (and used for logins).

Regards,
Jeff

David Johns

Jeff,

There have been some recent issues caused for some users that seem to be a combination of latency of the yahoo servers and/or windows updates.  1.6.7.0 still is vulnerable to robustness issues because of these changes.  We have released a new beta version that improves the robustness, 1.6.8.3.  I think if you update to it, you will see a big improvement on these issues.

Some updates we had to put in place in version 1.6.6.0 made it so the auto-update wouldn't work for versions prior to it.  I'll send you a link to install the latest beta release.  You'll just have to download this one update using that link and after that will be able to use auto-update again to keep up to date.  Let us know if this update helps the robustness of interacting with Yahoo.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Update Installed:

Initial attempt:
- Clicked Get New Orders.
- Yahoo Store Timed Out (error warning)
- Amazon Order retrieval -  stalled

I clicked "cancel" during the Amazon Order retrieval.

2nd Attempt:
- Clicked "open store manager" and select Yahoo Store.  (Logged me in).
- Click Get New Orders (new orders downloaded).

It was successful, but I still had hiccups along the way.  Just an FYI.    As long as I can get orders within a couple attempts, I can live with it.

David Johns

Jeff,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm not sure why the Amazon download would stall out.  I have seen that happen a time or two, but I haven't seen it too frequently.

The robustness fix we had to put in place for Yahoo was to capture events where it sits on one of the login pages indefinitely and throw the actual issue (i.e. that Yahoo login stalled) and to tell the user to try again.  Normally from my experience if you get this error once you can click get new orders again and it will work the second time.  Hopefully that continues to be your experience.  I would love to continue to get feedback.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

A Quick update.

I've had about 10+ unsuccessful attempts to "get new orders" from our Yahoo Store this morning.

Using the "open store manager" and choosing our Yahoo Store works fine.    Unfortunately, all my attempts to pull in orders from Yahoo "get new orders"; results in a Yahoo Timeout error.

I'm anticipating it will clear itself up later today, but thought I should let you know.   I will be away from the office most of the day today, but will try again tonight.

David Johns

Jeff,

Please keep us posted.  Hopefully its a temporary issue - perhaps caused by Yahoo being really busy with requests right now.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

When I accessed SM this evening (7pm Central), all our Yahoo Orders imported fine.

Must be random server issues on Yahoo's end.

Thanks!

David Johns

SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com