Outlook warning when updating to Yahoo store

Started by alpinedynamics, April 28, 2015, 01:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alpinedynamics

Here's what I did: I used Dazzle/Endecia xml exchange functionality. Everything printed great and tracking number was returned nicely to SM. It then asked if I wanted to update on Yahoo store, to which I responded yes. At that point I got a message from MS Outlook saying "a program is trying to send an email message on your behalf..." and then asking if I want to allow it. It then hangs and does not update my Yahoo store. Attached is a screen print of the message. Why is MS Outlook even involved at all in this process?

David Johns

alpinedynamics,

There are a couple of ways you can get around this.  The one I would recommend is switching your store type to "Yahoo API".  This will use Yahoo's API to download orders, do "typical" order charges and credits and upload tracking numbers back to Yahoo.  This is much faster and a much more direct way of integrating with your store.  The process for changing this is described in our blog here:
http://blog.thesupermanager.com/supermanager-updated-to-take-advantage-of-yahoo-api-improvements/

Another way you could do this instead is to just switch to using SuperManager's native email functions instead of using Outlook for sending all emails through SuperManager.  This is changed under "View", "Store Settings" on the "Email Settings" tab.  Uncheck the option at the top "Use default mail client".  You will then need to enter your outgoing email server settings so that SuperManager can directly connect to your outgoing mail server to send emails.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

Your instructions indicate that an email is sent with a code from Yahoo. I made the change an hour ago and no email sent. Also, no indication in the Yahoo set-up process that indicate an email will be sent. And I did double check the emails I have registered on Yahoo and did check my  *@yahoo.com email address.

(FYI, you might change the instruction to hit "next" to follow the 6th bullet point, not the 5th. I was a little confused about which boxes to click before hitting next button but then read bullet point 6 and it was clear.)

David Johns

alpinedynamics,

Here are the instructions from Yahoo:
http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/vw/order-payment-api.pdf

Page 5 explains the process of generating a token.  I'm guessing you are facing one of two issues:

• The email with the token went to your spam folder
  • The email address on file with Yahoo for this type of communication is a different one than you usually use.  Perhaps its an outdated email address that you no longer use?  I'm guessing Yahoo support could help you figure this out and update it, if necessary.

Thanks for the correction to our instructions.  I have updated the blog entry.  Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

I think I got it. When I changed store type to the Yahoo api I had to delete an existing token that was only 5 digits long. I  that had no value. I replaced it with a long mama token of like 50 characters that started with 1.0_EHp... Does that seem right? Strange way to start a token. I did hit the get new orders button (and there was none) but it seemed it went lightening fast.

David Johns

SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com