Credit card charges not working in API with Paypal PaymentsPro

Started by bobbininc, June 10, 2015, 11:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbininc

I just switched to the Yahoo API, and I am having problems when charging out credit card orders. I use Paypal PaymentsPro to process the charges. When we charge out orders with the API set in the Supermanager file, the Paypal orders get charged, but every credit card order generates this error:

"Yahoo returned error message 'Credit card used for this order is not  with FDMS. Please, check your request, if it is sent to the appropriate gateway.' "

Note that when we switch back from the API to the normal Yahoo store setting in Supermanager, these orders process correctly. We switched to PaymentsPro last August, from 1st National (who uses FDMS as the actual processor), and have had no problems before switching to the API. Is there a setting or a step that I missed in setting up for the Yahoo API?

Steve Ostroskey

David Johns

Steve,

This is caused by one of two things:

1. Make sure you have version 1.7.1.0 or newer installed.

2. Check out this FAQ for instructions on switching SuperManager to use your new merchant account:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,1025.0.html

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David,

I tried this, but the message came back as "No new batches", and the paypal account still does not appear as a choice on the "Make manual transactions through" drop-down.

I have removed the 1st national account from my payment processors in Yahoo (as I was not using it any longer). Is that the problem with the "get batches" function?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Ostroskey

David Johns

Steve,

That would do it.  Fortunately there's another way to do this:

• Go to "View", "Admin"
  • Right click in the blank white area, where your accounts and/or batches may be listed and choose "Add Account"
  • Set the name for this new account to "PayPal" and set the type to PayPal

After this, go to the site settings and select this account.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David,

I did successfully added the Paypal option to the "Make manual transactions through" drop-down. Now when I try to charge credit card transaction, I get an error saying "You have not yet filled in your PayPal login, password, and/or API signature. Please enter these in your account settings and execute the transaction again." (See attached PDF snag of the error.)

So I deleted the Paypal account in the Admin view, re-added it, and saw that there is a place for the login, password, and signature. I can put my e-mail in the login, and my Paypal password in the password field, but what goes in the signature field? Also, is there a way I can edit the PayPal entry in the Admin view, or do I have to delete it and re-add?

David Johns

Steve,

As discussed earlier, I think I led you astray in one regard.  Please change the account type to "Yahoo" where I had told you to set it to "PayPal".  The account can still be called simply "PayPal".  As long as it has the word PayPal in it (not case sensitive) it should recognize it as a PayPal merchant account that it works with through Yahoo.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David,

We were able to successfully charge out all of the orders today, credit card as well as Paypal. Thanks for your help.

Steve