dazzle xml file transfer issue

Started by jabrein, October 02, 2016, 09:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

Hey David,
Our computer updated and it somehow changed the XML file path in SM and Dazzle. I did not realize this until trying to send xml file over this morning. When I did, it would not go, so I shut down, restarted and deleted files in the xml folder. I then verifiied the paths matched in SM and dazzle. I am now getting this error:
export failed. The file C:\users/adam c tills/documents/dazzle/sm-dazzle.xml may already be opened by dazzle. First process the previous file with dazzle and then re-export.

So I cannot find this file and dazzle is not importing anything. Any ideas on how to fix this?

David Johns

Adam,

Can you please verify that the exact folder "C:\Users\adam c tills\documents\dazzle\" exists on your new computer.  Often when users migrate to a new computer, their directories are not exactly the same.  For example, perhaps your user name is a little different so there is a "C:\Users\Adam Tills\" folder instead of "C:\Users\Adam C Tills".  This is just an example, but not having the exact same folder name will throw SuperManager off and cause an error like this.

The best thing could be to go to "View", "Program Settings" and select the "XML Exchange Formats" tab.  Select the "Dazzle" export from the list of exports and click the "Browse..." button.  Navigate to the folder you want SuperManager to write the XML file to and click "Save".

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com