Dropship emails for manual orders not sending : Fixed - Beta 1.1.1.6

Started by Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com, July 27, 2006, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Hi David,

I thought I would start another thread to take care of new issues (or just found out). When I update the shipment status (by importing the tracking numbers from FedEx) it sends the tracking xml email to yahoo but doesn't send the invoices to the manual orders as we setup in the program. Am I doing something wrong. If you still have my files can you look at the settings. I have it set to Invoice which is our email invoice.

Thanks,

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback.  Are you certain that your shipment confirmation emails aren't sending out for manual orders?  You should have recieved to Cc'd emails with an invoice to an order I created.  To get these to send I:

1. I opened the database you sent me.
2. I changed the email server information to use my server.
3. While on that page I unchecked to BCC all emails to myself just to avoid you getting multiple copies of it.
4. I added company_email to the CC line of the email (now that I think of it I could have left Bcc checked and not added this and it would have done about the same thing)
5. I created a new order as shown in the invoice below and click "Shipped" on the one shipment in the order.
6. When I closed the shipment details screen I chose 'Yes' to do you want to send this shipment to Yahoo!.
7. I also went back to the main order list, right clicked and chose "Update Shipment Status" to make sure it would work this way to.  It also sent it when I did this.

After this I also tried to set the Bcc myself option and clear the Cc line as you had it before.  When I did this it never Bcc'd the email to me.  Were you  they weren't sending because you never recieved the Bcc emails?  If so I have corrected this problem for the next release.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

I got the new beta and it seems to be working ok now. I tested it like you said. I do a FedEx import of the tracking numbers and update the shipping status that way. I will let you know if it is sending that way now since it should pop up the emails that need to be sent as I have the preview set to on right now.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com