The Wish List : Added - version 1.2.8.3

Started by EricE, September 06, 2006, 03:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricE

1) When manually adding an item to an order and you hit the "add button" you are then immediately prompted with "Add another Item" at which time you select Yes / No, If you select NO, it simply takes you back to the Item Details page, just as if you hit "Yes" - - - - Would it be possible so that when you select NO, you are taken back to the order screen?

2) Would it be possible to have the ability to add products directly in SM??  On occasion we have items that are not on our website yet they are kept in our order management system.

3)Not sure if this is a new "feature" or a bug.?  When creating a manual order and then for whatever reason deciding to close that order, SM seems to reserve the order ID and keep it as an open order, even though it is blank.?  ? Example - prospective customer called on the phone and wanted to place an order; I hit the new order button, then because he needed to talk the purchase over with "the boss", he was going to call back later. Nothing was entered into SM, yet when i "X" out of the screen it saves it as an open order.

4) Is it possible to remove the term "manual" from the order numbers when printed on invoices? Maybe just replace it with an "M"??  I looked around and could not locate anything in the settings to modify this.

That's about it for now?  :-o

Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.PremierTruckAccessories.com
www.RAMSRT10.com
www.GCSRT8Performance.com

David Johns

Eric,

Thanks for the feedback.  We love to get lists like these!  I will give an individual response to each request/suggestion:

1. I think the meaning of the "Add" button may not be clear.  Once you click the "Add" button on the order details screen an item is added.  It is then up to you to just enter the product, quantity and other details for this item.  If you only have one item to add you just click the "OK" button at the bottom.  The "Cancel" button will cancel the insertion of the item.  You only click the "Add" button if you want to add another item after the one you are viewing.  Note that this button changes to a "Next" button when you are not looking at the last item.  It is in general just a way to scroll back and forth among the items already in the order.  It changes to an add button when you are viewing the last item just as a quick means to add an item to the end of the list for the order.

2. We have contemplated adding this capability.  Note that there is a way to import products from a text file, however.  The default program settings for SuperManager include a "Yahoo Products CSV" format by which you can import products from excel or a text file.  Will this suit your needs or would you still like to be able to import products in the graphical user interface?

3. This is a result of how the add order function works.  When you click the "New Order" button a new order is added to the database.  It works similar to the item details screen as I described above, except that in the case of the order details screen there is no 'Cancel' button and therefore no way to tell SuperManager to delete the order if nothing was ever placed into the order.  We could consider one of a couple of things...  I thought the other day of adding a delete button to the order details screen, with which you could delete the order you are viewing from the order details screen.  Another alternative would be to track if no information was entered and if not automatically delete the order when you close the order details screen.  I would just hate to delete an order and make someone add it back if they didn't intend for that to happen.

4. We can add a setting for you to dictate the suffix appended to designate manual orders.  I  you would use the same suffix for all your stores and therefore it would be best suited for the program settings?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

A couple things on Eric's post. I love that there is another person out there who wants to make this program the best there is for Yahoo. After all it's the SM crew who is driving me to perfection (usually I have to work around poor design, to have input and quick results is amazing).

I would also like to see a special manual prefix or suffix so that when I am searching for an order I don't have to type in the - and manual (takes time if you can believe it). My suggestion would be the same thing. Manual orders should be 36m, 37m, 38m, etc. or something we can customize for the suffix (or prefix if that is what some choose).

And yes it would be great if SM didn't create a new manual order if you X out of the screen and don't put anything in the fields. But this is a minor annoyance as I just delete it.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

EricE

I too would love to see SM become the leading order manager software for Y-Stores.. We currently run two stores with 2 more under development and the versatility and simplicity we have NOW with SM cannot be touched with any other programs out there.. regardless of price.

Can we charge for our new ideas??  :-D   :-D  :evil:
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

David Johns

Eric,

We do pay you for your ideas - in productivity  :-D

Seriously, thanks so much guys for helping us to improve the program.  We like to see it as a symbiotic relationship.  It helps you get more of what you want and need.  It helps us to improve our product and expand our customer base.

Thanks so much!

We have already implemented the custom suffix.  It will be coming out to each of you this evening or tomorrow morning.

On the adding a manual order request - we will keep that in mind for future releases.  Also we are still contemplating the dropship status.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricE

Just think what this program will sell for once we are done.. :)

I'm already 3000% happier with SM than the other program we were using. Doesn't crash and it's fast..
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

David Johns

Eric, Nathan,

Here is a proposal on the delete empty order request.  What if we just add a red "X" to the toolbar so you can delete the current order.  Then if you create a new order and then decide not to continue you can click that to quickly delete the order.  Would that work?

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Yep ... the guys at SuperManager are awesome!  Always willing to take in new ideas and improve on an already great and stable product.  The custom prefix will be a nice addition.

I like the idea of the UPS truck/drop ship tracking.  I think that will become an invaluable feature in the program; many of the store owners do some portion in DS and I've run into quite a few in the last few months who are doing 80% or better as DS.

Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

I personally don't mind just deleting the manual orders if they accidentally get created but this is probably because we write out sales orders when they come in instead of inputting them right into SM. The only problem I have with adding more buttons for all these new features is clutter. You have done a great job in making sure this doesn't happen so far. Just my 2 cents but others may need the button.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Eric, Nathan,

A setting has been added in beta 1.1.2.3 to allow you to change the manual order suffix.  You will find it at "View" | "Program Settings" | "Preferences".

I think the open items are now:
1. Ability to add products
2. Delete order button

Were the other issues resolved to your liking by my explanations?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Eric,

We added the delete order button.  We now just need to work on being able to add and edit products.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Editable products are now available as of 1.2.8.3 as well, which finally completes your wishlist.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com