UPS Worldship setup not working

Started by EricE, September 10, 2006, 04:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricE

I am attempting to setup the SM to UPS connection, I have ran the excel macro to create the ODBC connection.

The problem is that when we get to step 5 in the manual (page 64) where we map the fields from SM and UPS the ODBC tables from the SM txt file are blank.

I then thought maybe there was a problem with the Excel macro that creates the ODBC connection so I manually verified that the connection template was created within the Windows ODBC Admin.

I verified that the txt file does indeed have data in it, for whatever reason when trying to map the fields the fields from SM do not populate.

Also, found a small typo in the manual, page 62 #2, "System DNS" should be "System DSN"

Any info on the issue at hand would be greatly appreciated.
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.PremierTruckAccessories.com
www.RAMSRT10.com
www.GCSRT8Performance.com

Mike Griggs

Hey Eric,
Please try the following steps to get the fields to show up in the UPS mapping area.

1. Download the schema.ini and save it in the same location that you have specified in the excel tool (e.g. c:/UPS/)

2. Download the smupsw.txt sample text file and save it in the same location that you specified in the excel tool (e.g. c:/UPS/)

3. Refer back to the manual to step 11.4.a.2 to setup Worldship. 

This should fix the problem.  However, if you continue to have difficulties on this topic please email us directly at info@thesupermanager.com

Thanks!
Mike

EricE

Ok, that seemed to do the trick, now just one more small issue.

page 65, section 4, "Select the Ship To Tab and click "Reference ID".

There is no reference ID variable in our list of variables.
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

David Johns

Eric is there any other field that sounds like a reference number or some type of ID field?  Unfortunately I have seen this a lot when the shipping vendors change this type of terminology and make our documentation outdated.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Mike Griggs

Hey Eric,
I'm sorry for the confusion.  We will go through those instructions and make the necessary changes to update them.  Here you can find a table showing the Mapping of the SuperManager variables to the UPS variables.

http://www.thesupermanager.com/download/odbc/ups/ups-variable-table.xls

*Note that the customer ID has been "mapped" once to the Customer ID and also to the Reference 1 so that it shows up on the printed postage.

Thanks!
Mike

EricE

Hi Mike,

Line 18 in the spreadsheet, indicates the value in World Ship is - Package <> 15 Insured Value Option.

In World Ship ours shows "Add Shipping Charges to COD Indicator"

We do not have a variable for insured value option.

#16 Insured Value Option.. in world ship, Declared value option.

And the last one is # 22 in world ship..

We are running the latest version of world ship.. not sure why the missing variables.
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

Mike Griggs

Hey Eric,
If you don't use the insured value feature then you can skip those variables.
It's not necessary to map those if you just want to import shipments.

I don't have UPS in front of me now but those 2 variables should just be mapped to the "insured" variables.  They should be listed somewhere under the Package tab.  The "Option" imports a "yes" or "no" to turn on the insurance and the "Value" imports the insured value.  See if you see any variables in the list that make sense.  I'll look it up again in when I have UPS in front of me.

Thanks!
Mike