Changing order status : Resolved

Started by EricE, September 11, 2006, 03:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricE

I wanted to know if there is a way for SM to automatically change the status of an order to "closed".

Right now I have my "order complete" setting as "Charged/Paid and Shipped".

When an order is charged and shipped, the system will move it to the "closed" tab, but the actual order status is still "Charged and shipped.", we manually have to change it to closed.

Is there an automated way of doing this?
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.PremierTruckAccessories.com
www.RAMSRT10.com
www.GCSRT8Performance.com

David Johns

Eric,

Currently there is not an automated way to do this.  Honestly I had forgotten that there even was a separate status called 'closed'.  My suspicion is that most users never change the status to closed.  If this is something you would really like to have we could consider adding this as a setting.  Just to make sure you are aware of it, you can select multiple orders on the order list, right click and choose "Status" | "Closed".  This would at least be a good way to change a lot of them at once.

Let us know if you would really prefer to have a setting to do this automatically.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricE

Hi David,

If it could be automated that would be helpful, this way when the order is actually shipped / charged it will then show closed, vs. still showing the visa/mc and envelope.

I had thought the setting for "order complete" is what triggered the system to then show it closed.

If it is a big deal to automate, don't worry about it. Just would be helpful as it is one less manual process.
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.PremierTruckAccessories.com
www.RAMSRT10.com
www.GCSRT8Performance.com

David Johns

Eric,

This would be a fairly small effort.  We will do it sometime in the near future.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Hi,

I thought I would ask why this is necessary as it may help us with our procedures. We go by everything that is on the "Open" tab as being still active. Of course being the paranoid person I am I still print a checklist for each order. When the order comes in it shows the construction icon and so I then print those and then go through each one to check the order for address and comments and then charge the order (we don't auto charge as sometimes we run out of a product for a couple weeks). This puts the credit card icon on the order. I then export the orders to FedEx's software and print the labels. Then I go and export the orders that were processed (credit card symbol) to QB. The final step is to import the FedEx tracking info which then sends out the update in shipment status (ie. tracking info to customer via Yahoo's network) and moves the order out of the "Open" tab. Is this not the normal procedure for everyone? If so then I can't see why the closed status change is needed unless you don't use the shipping update.

Always learning how to make our system more bulletproof (employee proof) and efficient.

Nathan...
.com
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com