Update shipment Status to Yahoo

Started by ajentp, September 14, 2006, 08:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

I found that if like to update shipping status from SM to yahoo store, I can either use "Update to Yahoo" option or "Update shipment Status" option.

If I use later, I have to move out of the order manger level in Yahoo Store :
(Store Manager > Retrieve Orders > Order 65XXX....)

I have to move out either at Retrieve Orders level or Store Manager level. Otherwise option "Update shipment Status" won't work.

On the other hand, if I use the option "Update to Yahoo", it can work regardless the above levels. However it may take around 7 to 15 seconds to complete the update, which is significant time during rush.

I am just wondering:

it is the way Yahoo Store works,

or

I am missing some thing

or

can it qualify to be a new feature in SM

Thanks

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

When you use the Update Shipment Status function it should work no matter where you might be in the store manager in your own window.  The hitch is that it can take up to 20 minutes even for Yahoo!'s server to process the request and make the change.  It will eventually update it, however.

With the Update to Yahoo! method SuperManager uploads all changes (all that Yahoo allows anyway) so it does take longer, but the posting is instantaneous.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

I have just noticed today that the Update Shipment Status sometimes errors out and puts the tracking info as an item in the order instead of where it should be. I am going to start to us update Yahoo as this is more reliable and seems to works 100% of the time.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Nathan,

This is the first we have heard of this problem.  Do you have an example you can send us in some format?  If you update the order from yahoo when this happens the tracking link actually appears as an item description, code or some other field?  Or does it just appear on the order status page the customer receives as a reference?  Please send us whatever you have that would demonstrate this problem (xml file of the order, link to a status page, etc...)  We are eager to find out if this is an error in Yahoo!'s parsing system or something The SuperManager is doing.  I  it is the former, since we are following the Yahoo spec, but I want to verify that for sure.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

No problem. I will use this update method and view the results after each one and then send it to you when it is noticed. It only happens occassionally so...time will tell.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com