QB versus AutoSave : Fixed - Beta 1.1.2.7

Started by Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com, September 25, 2006, 10:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that if you are in a big process like exporting via XML to QB and the program tries to autosave (as per my settings) it will hang the computer and require you to switch to QB and then it finishes everything ok. Might be a good idea in future versions for the AutoSave to not do anything until the XML process is completed. This is only noticed as I am exporting up to 100 orders at once right now.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

qbsrox

Good catch!  It makes sense that QuickBooks wouldn't like that, it's good that it doesn't crash/hang-up entirely. 

100 orders .. awesome  8-)

Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

I must state that the software did all it was suppose to and just popped up the Microsoft warning that an application wants control of the processor (or better yet were did you go with processing my requests). It would just be good if there was a way for SM to see that it is in the process of doing something and to wait before it autosaves. Yes turning the autosave off fixed this issue.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Nathan,

Thanks for the heads up.  We will look into how we can address this issue.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

I've been turning the auto-save off as well on large imports; or changing it to 2 hours or something like that.  The main thing is to make myself a note and turn it back on when I'm done.  It would be good if SM realized it was in the middle of a process and hold off on saving; like it prompts if you try to log out and it's in the middle of a process.

Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

SuperManager is supposed to wait on autosave until its not busy anymore, but it seems there is a bug making it not block things out completely.  We'll look into this.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Nathan, Rox,

This has been fixed in beta 1.1.2.7.  It should always wait until you are finished with exporting to do the autosave.  Please let me know if you still experience problems.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com