Variable Notification : Added - Beta 1.1.2.7

Started by qbsrox, September 25, 2006, 12:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

I was wondering if it would be possible to have some kind of visual that variables have been created?  For instance I have been working with large databases of items that have a ton of options (colors, sizes, combo's, etc.) and when you click on 'create all variants' it doesn't appear to do anything ... except for the little message at the bottom of the screen. 

Would it be possible to have something like the product codes change colors if variants are created?  Or maybe just a box down where 'Options' is located that says 'variants' with a checkmark?  I'm not sure what would be easy to add ... anything that would show up on the 'View Products' screen in SuperManager would be great though.

Thanks,
Rox
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Thanks for bringing this up.  It is making me think that perhaps we should replace the "Options" tree with a variants list.  I think this would be more useful.  Any comments from anyone?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

I like that idea .... I think it would be quite helpful to have it on that first screen.  The Detail screen shows everything, but it's just that you have to go there and click through to each item; and it gets a bit cumbersome.  It creates the Variants so fast that I think we definitely need something.

Thanks,
Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com