Rox broke my SuperManager and Quickbooks : Fixed - Beta 1.1.2.5

Started by EricE, September 25, 2006, 04:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricE

We have been working on the XML export for 3 hours and SM continues to lock up on some orders and works great on others...

More to follow from Rox once she has put down the bottle of Vodka.  :-D
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.PremierTruckAccessories.com
www.RAMSRT10.com
www.GCSRT8Performance.com

qbsrox

It's a good thing Eric and I have worked together for a while  :-D

I didn't actually break it .... well, not all the way ... but we sure did run into some problems and locked up his machine several times.  One of the problems seems to be related to the AutoSave feature; we turned that off while we were exporting his orders and it helped a bit.  However for some reason we have quite a few orders that will lock up SuperManager cold ... and QuickBooks (Pro 2005).

This is what we've encountered so far ... and I did manage to get back-ups to my local drive so I would stop 'breaking' his computer  8-)

There are a handful of orders that throw an error log; which is fine because it doesn't lock the program .... one error relates to a negative sales receipt; which I've encountered before and can work around. 

Another error is adding the customer name ... this one I have no idea why it's giving us the error because it's a brand new database and all customers are new ... it will add most, but there are at least 4 that it will not add.  I haven't tried to manually add them yet .. but will to see if the error continues.

Now the strangest of all .... there are orders that simply will lock up both programs; and I mean lock the programs and the whole computer up.  It starts fine with building the request to QuickBooks, then freezes ... the task manager doesn't spike and no error log is generated; I have no idea what is causing it.  There is only one thing somewhat consistent; the type of icon ... but some work fine while others freak out.

David/Mike .... maybe one of you could do a remote with me and see if something pops out at you?  I can repeat the problems locally, so we ruled out the remote session or a problem with just his computer.  Out of 86 orders a good 25-30 will not export to QuickBooks.  Of all the data files I've worked on, I've never had these issues .... so far it's only Eric's file.

Help, I'm befuddled  :?

Rox
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Eric, Rox,

I was a bit worried when I saw the topic of this post come through.    :-D

I'd be happy to do a remote with you Rox and see if we can get this figured out.  I'm on AIM right now as "SuperWare LLC".  We can do it now if you have time or let me know when if another time is better.

Thanks!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricE

Well, while Rox and I were on the phone for the better part of the afternoon and decided we should post the problems we were encountering, we figured it was best to try and lighten our moods a little bit and have some fun  :-D
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.PremierTruckAccessories.com
www.RAMSRT10.com
www.GCSRT8Performance.com

qbsrox

David,

Sorry I missed you last night ... I'll catch you today.  Eric and I figured the topic subject would definitely attract attention  8-) ... but you have to throw in a bit of fun along the way.

Thanks,
Rox :-)

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

qbsrox

Quick update to anyone following this thread ... the guys at SuperManager are delving into this mysterious problem and as soon as we know what's going on we will post back.

Thanks,
Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Eric, Rox,

I found the problem and fixed it.  Please use the 'Check for Updates' feature to download the fixed beta 1.1.2.5.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

I'm getting 'invalid expiration date returned' when I check for updates from within SM. 

Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Sorry about that.  Part of doing the auto-updates feature has been getting everyone updated in our online database.  We now have you set up.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

I'm not worried ... I know you will get me fixed and working :-)

I'm sure it's a big job implementing this, but it's really awesome!
Thanks,
Rox
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com